Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Patybear

RVF Newbee
We are considering purchasing a 2011 Tiffin Bus and the seller noted the below information regarding the roof. Is anyone familiar with this issue and solution? Would this process have been done to correct any roof leaks? Thanks in advance for any thoughts. "Upgraded Roof $2,050 Oct 2020 (Gelcoat oxidizes from UV exposure, resulting in white runoff down the sides of the coach, for which there is no way back. The oxidized gelcoat needs to be mechanically removed. Owner had coach roof pressure washed. Then roof was masked off and sanded with 120 grit paper. Alexseal 2-part epoxy primer (equivalent to Awlgrip 545 primer) was applied with roller. Next re-sanded with 320 grit paper. Finally, 2-part polyurethane topcoat (white) was applied using roll and tip method. Recommend annual sealing/rolling with a polymer coating to keep the roof carefree.)"

Leaks?? It is certainly possible, even probable for leaks on a vehicle that age. All vehicles eventually leak and there are several remedies and this is what the previous owner chose based on this type of roof material.

For my type of roof, I'm using "Eternabond" tape along the edges and I will likely soon buy a five gallon bucket full of Henry Tropicool paintable liquid for about $350.00.

Rick

Latest resources

Back