Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

paxvet

RVF Newbee
Hi, I'm converting a RAM Promaster City Van into a campervan. The first thing I need to have installed is a roof mounted vent fan. Because this is a minivan, I think an 11" X 11" would be sufficient. After making lots of calls and research to van conversion businesses, I had sticker shock with quotes of $800 to have this done! I'm in L.A. and live on my service-connected veteran pension. If anyone can possibly direct me to where I can have this professionally done I would be very grateful. Do only van conversion companies do this? Thank you for any feedback!

Attachments

• Van.Leo.Carillo.jpg
    Van.Leo.Carillo.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 14
Hi, I'm converting a RAM Promaster City Van into a campervan. The first thing I need to have installed is a roof mounted vent fan. Because this is a minivan, I think an 11" X 11" would be sufficient. After making lots of calls and research to van conversion businesses, I had sticker shock with quotes of $800 to have this done! I'm in L.A. and live on my service-connected veteran pension. If anyone can possibly direct me to where I can have this professionally done I would be very grateful. Do only van conversion companies do this? Thank you for any feedback!
Welcome aboard paxvet.

Sticker shock is not all that unusual these days for any vehicle repair/modification. Sadly, the quote doesn't sound all that unreasonable once you look at the break down (if the procedure is supply, install from start to finis). Labor rates in excess of $200.00 hour are normal. The actual cost of the fan itself will be over $200.00. So cutting a hole in the roof. Reinforcing the opening, running 12 power to the fan in about 2 to 3 hours is not excessive.

If you are a handy kind of guy there may be an less intrusive /expensive alternative you might want to consider. Check out this youtube video.

Good luck

Darrell

Latest resources

Back