Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Tormented

RVF Newbee
Hey all, while we were still stationary in Ohio, I had an accidental discharge of a firearm occur inside the camper. The round traveled through the AC unit and out. Upon inspection I found that the round did not hit anything. Except Styrofoam and the outer shell. Pure dumb luck. We are currently down south and using the AC and its been fine. My question is can I replace just the outer shell? My original manual has multiple model numbers. How am I suppose to know which model I actually have?

Sounds scary. I hope the bullet landed away from anyone and anything, a small child was killed near me on July 4th when someone shot a round into the sky, it came down on him. As to the hole, I personally would just use gorilla tape. Otherwise contact the vendor for parts.

Just lay duct tape on one side of the hole. Fill the rest with JB Weld. Sand down flush after cure.
Done. New cover will cost much more.

Thanks for the advice guys. I appreciate it.

Luckily we were pretty far out in the sticks when the shot went off. And it was a subsonic round moving rather slowly so hopefully didn't go far.

Latest resources

Back