Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mjeds

RVF VIP
anyone using one? maybe a small footprint one?

the ones I had for my home are too large for my 26' trailer. but I have a dog hair shedding issue that is driving me nuts, having to vacuum and sweep several times a day.

looking for something with a small footprint that can run automatically.

it is easy, but it is annoying having to do it 3-4 times a day because my GSDs are shedding like mad. when I had my home, I had 3 of these that ran twice a day upstairs and downstairs. no dog/pet hair issues.

the trailer is small, and the pet hair and dander is crazy for such a compact space.

looking for something that can help take care of it, or at least 60-70% of it.

the ones I have are too large with their docking/empty station.

can't seem to find any small footprint ones. don't even know if they exist.

it is easy, but it is annoying having to do it 3-4 times a day because my GSDs are shedding like mad. when I had my home, I had 3 of these that ran twice a day upstairs and downstairs. no dog/pet hair issues.

the trailer is small, and the pet hair and dander is crazy for such a compact space.

looking for something that can help take care of it, or at least 60-70% of it.

the ones I have are too large with their docking/empty station.

can't seem to find any small footprint ones. don't even know if they exist.
My wife bought something called a Laresar on Amazon when it was on sale after Christmas. I'm not sure what your layout is but I suspect it would fit under the dinette in our trailer if we didn't have 3 kids. Only trouble is I think it needs a home WiFi network to connect to. We don't have that in our RV but you might.

I think a robot would choke very quickly, we have GSD also, she is a long hair shedder, we vacuum everyday and sweep in between, we have a built in vac unit, but the small hose clogs easily, bought a stick type vacuum and just keep after it, its worth it, she is a wonderful, faithful, protector and clown

I think a robot would choke very quickly, we have GSD also, she is a long hair shedder, we vacuum everyday and sweep in between, we have a built in vac unit, but the small hose clogs easily, bought a stick type vacuum and just keep after it, its worth it, she is a wonderful, faithful, protector and clown
the ones I had in my home were the self-emptying Roombas never had an issue with them clogging up. they ran and emptied themselves 2-3 times during the course of the run, and they ran 2-3 times a day during the summer because of this.

my home had no carpet, just a couple of throw rugs under tables, all hardwood and tile floors, and these worked great to keep the hair and dander to a minimum.

no carpets in the trailer, just the vinyl flooring. it takes me about 20 minutes to sweep, vacuum, and mop the floor, and I am doing it 2-3 times a day. Just trying to find a way to save that time. it gets annoying.

have to use the leaf blower, sweep and vacuum the yard and driveway where the trailer is parked as well at least once a day due to all the hair everywhere and it being a relative's property I am living on. IT is crazy how much they shed.

and they do have a summer "shave" but that doesn't help with the undercoat. I am still using a De-shedding brush a few times a week to control that as well.

such is the life of a pet owner.

My wife bought something called a Laresar on Amazon when it was on sale after Christmas. I'm not sure what your layout is but I suspect it would fit under the dinette in our trailer if we didn't have 3 kids. Only trouble is I think it needs a home WiFi network to connect to. We don't have that in our RV but you might.
this is a nice one, but it is essentially the same as the ones I have which are too large for the tailer.

I do have Wi-Fi in the trailer, so that isn't an issue.

I have found a few smaller units, but the reviews are horrible on them... guess I'm stuck.

I have found a few smaller units, but the reviews are horrible on them... guess I'm stuck.
I think you meant, "guess I'm blessed" ;)

We have a Roomba and the only thing it's good for is a small room with no furniture, and only then if you don't care how long it takes. If you turn it loose in the house, it mostly just cleans the same places over and over until it gets stuck somewhere. Dumbest excuse for an appliance I have ever seen. But it does get me out of running the vacuum as much. I can just go over there and punch the button and my wife thinks I'm pitching in!

Seriously, we always just carried a hand-held "Dust Devil" for cleaning on the road. Even with all the little stick vac's available these days, I still can't see dedicating the space to one. I'd get rid of the carpets first.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back