• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Route around Atlanta GA

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
we are gonna go back in September i think for a few days..
We will be at the Spartan factory in Michigan the end of Sept to get the Red Diamonds installed

We will be at the Spartan factory in Michigan the end of Sept to get the Red Diamonds installed
Let me know how that goes.. thinking of doing that on our DS as well!!

Let me know how that goes.. thinking of doing that on our DS as well!!
Will do.

Will confirm dates, maybe our paths can cross as we will be wandering south after that appointment.

Will do.

Will confirm dates, maybe our paths can cross as we will be wandering south after that appointment.
sounds great!! safe travels!!

I will be driving from Carroll’s Sausage in Ashburn Georgia north to Ellijay Georgia tomorrow. I think I’m gonna go straight through Atlanta and try and time it between maybe 1030 and 1130. We’ll see what happens. My biggest unknown is figuring out what lane to be in as I go through Atlanta so I don’t miss an exit.
Well, I made that drive today and actually it wasn’t as bad as I dreaded. I think my confidence got boosted last night when the guy that stayed next to me at Carroll’s Sausage was from Chattanooga and knew the Atlanta route very well and gave me some pointers. Basically going north through Atlanta I stayed in the 4th lane over from the left (that does include counting the HOA Lane). Once you get most of the way through Atlanta 85 goes to the left and 75 goes to the right so you need to make sure you get over for that … however they do have the pavement well marked in advance of having to make that exit. So all in all it wasn’t bad and I only hit a few really bad slow down spots twice and they didn’t last very long. A lot of fretting for nothing. The drive was between about 10:30 and 11.

I've been through Atlanta 40 times to and from fort wilderness, a yearly trip, used to take the 285 western loop down around the airport, decided to try the eastern 285 loop once, seems like less merging than western loop, its a little longer, I just try to hit it before noon, i get the double whammy Chattanooga and Atlanta in same day, I just mentally prepare for traffic and delays, take my time, be courteous and breath deep. But then again my business was in Chicago, very accustomed to heavy traffic, once through the mess, its all gravy ;)

Will be there this Sunday (maybe even Saturday night).
Well we decided to stay till Sunday morning so we may catch you depending on when you roll in.

Latest resources

Back