Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Cameodon

RVF Regular
Has anyone traveled rt 17 North from Fredericksburg, VA to Winchester, VA rt. 81? Ive done 95 thru Wahington, Baltimore going north several times as well as 81 N From Staunton on thru Penn. Will be towing 5th wheel with 3/4 ton F-250. Have towed it thru to Maine from Florida before via 81. I know 17 will be somewhat slower but looking to avoid Washington, Baltimore, N.Y. and southern Conn, I hate them!! Been there done that! LOL. Basically interested in info on Rt 17, Thanks.

Rt. 17 going toward Winchester is generally four lane! It merges to Rt.29, four lane also, as you head to I-66, to I-81. There was a two lane stretch, but 18 wheelers used it all the time! You should encounter less traffic than horrible I-95 !!

Rt. 17 going toward Winchester is generally four lane! It merges to Rt.29, four lane also, as you head to I-66, to I-81. There was a two lane stretch, but 18 wheelers used it all the time! You should encounter less traffic than horrible I-95 !!
Thank you! I’ve seen occasional stretches of it before and that’s how I thought I remembered some of it!!! Sounds great!! Not only lots less traffic but in places on 95 if you break down or are involved in even a slight accident the local authorities have your rig towed out of the way and you basically may as well sign it over to them!!

Latest resources

Back