RV Length
38 feet
Chassis
Ford
Engine
Triton V10
Fulltimer
No
I have a 2003 Pace Arrow 37A (Ford Chassis).

I have been replacing the running/marker lights on the coach with new LED lights, and successfully replaced all of them but the 5 rear marker lights on the top the other day, but could not finish because I ran out of daylight.

Yesterday I went to replace the final 5, which were working originally. I removed and replaced the 3 middle lights, because I had gotten some confidence from the others being replaced and working. When I turned them on, the 3 I had replaced were not working, but the 2 on the corners were working.

So I decided to remove the lights to see if maybe I didn't connect them properly or maybe switched the wires or something. Sure enough it appears I had done something wrong because when I stripped the wires back and just touched them to the new wires they worked.

Unfortunately, there is not a lot of wire to work with and the wires for the center light dropped into the whole, so I had to fish them back out with needle nose pliers. When I finally got them out, which was a pain in the butt, I checked the lights again and noticed that now NONE of the running/marker lights are working on the coach. The headlights, brake lights, turn signals all work, but not the running/marker lights.

I assume when I was fishing the wires out that I did something that must've blown a fuse. So I went hunting for the fuse. I have found multiple fuse boxes, but can not find any diagrams for these boxes that will tell me what each fuse is for. You would think this would be in the owners manual, but they are not.

Has anyone else had any similar issues? Was it a fuse problem? If so, where do I find the correct fuse(s)? If not a fuse, then what else could it be?

Thanks in advance.
Michael

Because I don't drive Fords, I can't tell you their wiring methods. Look to Ford to how they planned to let a driver know they have a lighting problem.

I always turn on the lights with the wires just twisted together before making the connection permanent.

I also would like more details on the wiring, as all of mine have gone out in four years.

Latest resources

Back