• Commercial/Vendors welcome

RV App Market Research

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I would definitely sign up as I have a Garmin unit, truck map, copilot and RV life. ?. Each has its pro and con. I would prefer a annual renewable Subscription. What I want is something I can rely on that will keep me out and away from trouble. If I am heading to a destination, I need warnings etc about problems on route and what would be really neat is construction and road quality. We read so much about bad interstates and no good alternatives. Integrate with google earth would me nice so I could see entrances and exits.

Last edited:
I would definitely sign up as I have a Garmin unit, truck map, copilot and RV life. ?. Each has its pro and con. I would prefer a annual renewable Subscription. What I want is something I can rely on that will keep out and away from trouble. If I am heading to a destination, I need warnings etc about problems on route and what would be really neat is construction and road quality. We read so much about bad interstates and no good alternatives. Integrate with google earth would me nice so I could see entrances and exits.
Road surface quality would be hard to do at scale but it could be something under consideration.
What do you mean by google earth integration? Did you mean Google Maps or Google Earth, the latter is more of a 3D exploration tool. What would you want to do with such an integration?

I like to see things from the street level so let’s say I have a stop planned at a PFJ for fuel I want to see where the truck entrance is and how I am going to get out and are we dealing with tight turns or canopies that are too low ( on the retail side) that can damage my rig.

Here is an example. This is near where I store.

If I need to dump my tanks, I need to pull into the retail side and if I need to fuel up on truck lane side I’ll probably dump first and head over to the truck lanes. To get in closest to dump area I need to go around the retail canopy and pull up parallel then exit and turn left to go over to truck side. Note: there is a fueling island there where dumps are but I don’t know if TSD works there. I also have to pull in towards retail building and I am not sure I can make turn with toad behind coming out of fuel island. Information is power.

1603315068735.png

1603315203062.png

The distress beacon idea for me was that it’s better to have 10 RVs around than none. There would be no emergency service notification for the exact reason you mention - swatting. It’s more for an “I broke down can someone swing by and lend a hand” type situation,
It would be a multi step process to trigger a distress beacon, they would automatically expire after a user specified amount of time, your location would be shared with other users along with a message you defined and a receiving user could indicate they are ‘responding’ so that 10 RVs don’t go out of their way to lend assistance.
The “swatting” was said in jest. How you described it is what I was thinking, and an awesome feature. I really do like the concept and it should be explored.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back