• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Marty Martinelli

RVF Newbee
Hello all,
My name is Marty. I currently own a Heartland 5th wheel. It’s a 2016 Big Country 3650RL. I no longer pull it I have a permanent location in Naples RV Resort. My issue is simple and anyone that owns an RV will be aware of complaint. THE FURNITURE IS JUNK. Manufacturers should be ashamed of these sofas, recliners and love seats. New trailers cost thousands of dollars. The “leather” is a spray-on. It peels in 3 years regardless of use. The cushions collapse at the same time. If I was to buy again I would furnish it myself with home quality furniture. You can find furniture that fits into RV’s. Thor, the premiere owner of most all RV’s, should be ashamed of putting out this crap.

Welcome Marty! Yes, the key to RV furniture or the RV in general is it's your house, make it your own, you can install your own furniture. There is typically nothing special about "RV furniture" other than it will cost a lot more! For example, go to La-z-boy and get your favorite recliner ensuring it fits your space, etc. and enjoy.

Welcome Marty! Yes, the key to RV furniture or the RV in general is it's your house, make it your own, you can install your own furniture. There is typically nothing special about "RV furniture" other than it will cost a lot more! For example, go to La-z-boy and get your favorite recliner ensuring it fits your space, etc. and enjoy.
Thanks Neal for your opinion. How ever I have replaced our crap loveseat with a real leather recliner for under $1000. Have you ever looked at the cost to replace RV furniture with RV furniture. Very expensive. You can do better with home furniture just takes a little work.
Thanks again

I noticed this when at Camping World, every TT or 5th wheel from $15K to $160K had very low quality furniture. I sort of expected it on the less expensive units, not so much on the higher end stuff. Back in the showroom was a bit of sticker shock as that same low end stuff was priced more like mid-high house furniture built far more robust and with better materials.

Latest resources

Back