• Commercial/Vendors welcome

RV Insurance

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I used Miller RV Insurance who's a broker. Had the LLC insured with National and when we switched to a Florida registration, the best deal was with Progressive. They'll shop for you.
Thank you!

Have you asked the question on the Newell Owners Club site on this forum? I see lots of Newell's out there so someone must insure them.

FLSteve

How does the owner of a Newell, Prevost, Foretravel or other “high-end” coach find insurance? We mortgaged our future and sold our kids into slavery to buy a 2023 Newell, but then I hit a brick wall in finding insurance to cover the whole thing. I learned that many folks self-insure a large part of it, or some get two policies, (which you can’t do in some states). But I financed as much of the coach as I could, (my money makes far more invested than the 4% I’m paying for the loan), but the lender insists on coverage to the extent of the loan. So I either have to find insurance for the whole loan, or put almost a million down on the purchase. Besides, why would I want to take the chance on totaling a $2M coach by fire or otherwise, and not have insurance to cover the whole thing?

So I started this thread seeking insurance advice, since I was striking out everywhere in my search for full coverage on a $2M coach. I tried FMCA, Progressive, RLI, Safeco, and the agents who have been recommended for insurance for high-end coaches. None of those carriers would go over $1M, and the agents to whom I was referred, (including Ron Jarvie, Melissa Thum), couldn't get me anything.

Ultimately, Steve (CaptainGizmo) referred me to State Farm, and he was right – thank you CaptainGizmo‼! State Farm is the answer for expensive coaches. Steve referred me to his State Farm agent in CA (and AZ):
And since my residence is South Dakota, (we’re full-timers), Steve Little referred me to a South Dakota State Farm agent:
Aaron has lined me up with full coverage and exactly what I want with State Farm. Delivery of the coach in 3 weeks!

Thanks again, CaptainGizmo,

Ed

We just got our renewal from FMCA. Up by 50% (+$1200). In 5 years we had only one windshield damage claim.

Thanks to FLSteve, we contacted Ron at:
Ronald L. Jarvie
Certified Insurance Counselor
Overland Insurance Services
480-994-9584 or 800-677-4027
[email protected]
FMCA was asking $3700
Ron got us a policy for $2600

Latest resources

Back