• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Clif001

RVF Regular
Hi all,
I'm looking for a property (>.5ac) to purchase that will allow me to park and live in a fifth-wheel (or travel trailer) and, if I choose, hook up and travel for a few weeks then return. (Basically a permanent campground)

Unfortunately I can't seem to find real estate listing websites that are sufficiently specific.

Are there any out there that y'all know of? Any place where I can get some guidance?

TIA 🙂

Depending on where you want to reside you can modify your search criteria. Here in Florida there are many at various price points:

Hi all,
I'm looking for a property (>.5ac) to purchase that will allow me to park and live in a fifth-wheel (or travel trailer) and, if I choose, hook up and travel for a few weeks then return. (Basically a permanent campground)

Unfortunately I can't seem to find real estate listing websites that are sufficiently specific.

Are there any out there that y'all know of? Any place where I can get some guidance?

TIA 🙂
Start this with a qualifier.. where do you want to land and when! Out of the way places (no neighbors), you have more chance of doing what you want to do with your land.

Times are changing rapidly in the real-estate world, and a laid back approach will likely serve you well.

Deed restrictions, and government mandates prohibited you from enjoying your property as the constitution (law of the land) dictates. So give it some time because change is in the wind.

Try Zillow and Trulia. You want a place with no HOA. It needs to be zoned for a "mobile home/manufactured house". Even better would be to buy a place with a ragged out house or mobile home already on it. That would give you a driveway in, power, water & septic. These are things that will cost you a lot to put in new. Just buy the place and then give the mobile home away as a "free but you must move it". Alternatively you could let the local fire dept burn it for practice. But in that case, you would have to clean up the leavings. When we lost a house to a fire, we did that for the local volunteer fire dept. They finished burning the house to the ground so it was easier for us to clean up.

We'd prefer southern Virginia (Kerr Lake/Gaston Lake area). We have lots of family near Raleigh NC, but want to live in VA (and still be close to the family).

Actually I'd prefer a campground type area, or at least a gated community.

I did try rvparkstore.com, but it didn't seem to have enough information without calling a salesman.

Even though I’m not a big fan of Facebook and the “negative” stuff that ensues, there are a handful of Groups that have “RV LOTS FOR SALE” in their title. The member count ranges from several thousand to upwards of 40,000.

Some have restrictions on whether it’s “by owner”, “for sale”, etc. etc., but you’d definitely be able to find RV Lots that meet your criteria; depending on where it is you want to buy.

Latest resources

Back