Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Swissmiss

RVF Regular
Does anyone know specifically any nice quiet Rv parks/resorts in Florida that do NOT have a clubhouse or planned activities for a winter stay?? Or is this not a thing? State parks have a limit on length of stay so that rules them out.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Last edited:
Don't know of any, maybe a mobile home park. Parks seem to brag on their activities on their websites, seems to be a selling point.

I just don't participate in:
Bean bag baseball
cornhole tourney
golf cart poker run
golf cart Christmas parade
bocce ball tourney
pickleball tourney
bridge tourney
euchre tourney
shuffleboard tourney
don't sit in my golf cart getting ate up by bugs outside the activity center on movie night
don't use the pool
After a while people finally just quit asking.

I do appreciate the golf course and the marina, but I haven't joined in any of the golf tournaments. Nor the fishing tournaments. Nor the day trips to Lion Country Safari or Henry Ford's house. Some of the guys get together and do some skeet shooting at the shooting range down the road, I've considered doing that but haven't.

I'm not a complete hermit. I talk to my neighbors, say hi to people walking by. I just don't need a lot of social activity. Some people do.
My wife came back from getting the mail at the park office laughing, she said one of our neighbor ladies was up there requesting a lot change to get next to the activity center.
Woman said I want to be close to where all the action is!!!

Fish, can I be your neighbor? 😭 we are of like mind. I’d just love neighbors to say hi to and chat with. I/we are not hermits either just, like you said, don’t need much socializing. Thanks for your entertaining response to my thread! I enjoyed reading it. Just hoping to find there are others like me. I’m thinking a none 55 plus park might be the answer. You’re right it seems to be a big selling point with parks to provide non stop entertainment. Personally I snowbird to get away from it all!

Does anyone know specifically any nice quiet Rv parks/resorts in Florida that do NOT have a clubhouse or planned activities for a winter stay??
I know you asked about parks in FL, but we have a park in coastal TX (Rockport) that would fit your description. It is an "ownership park" but some of the sites are rentals. It is attractive with each site being >3,000 sq ft. There are modest-sized casita/storage buildings on many of the sites.

We have a laundry facility but no clubhouse or pool nor do the majority of the owners want them. We enjoy socializing with our neighbors but not as part of any organized activity.

Although our sales and resales have been good I have wondered, at times, if we were the only people who wanted a park such as this. Thanks for letting me know we aren't alone.

I know you asked about parks in FL, but we have a park in coastal TX (Rockport) that would fit your description. It is an "ownership park" but some of the sites are rentals. It is attractive with each site being >3,000 sq ft. There are modest-sized casita/storage buildings on many of the sites.

We have a laundry facility but no clubhouse or pool nor do the majority of the owners want them. We enjoy socializing with our neighbors but not as part of any organized activity.

Although our sales and resales have been good I have wondered, at times, if we were the only people who wanted a park such as this. Thanks for letting me know we aren't alone.
Are you permitted to give the name of the park on this forum? I’ll take a look. Never considered wintering in Texas - but we could!

Are you permitted to give the name of the park on this forum? I’ll take a look. Never considered wintering in Texas - but we could!
I sent you a PM

Latest resources

Back