Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 450hp
TOW/TOAD
2022 Ford F250 4X4
Fulltimer
No
Thinking about getting a RV Power Pedestal Tester. Saw one on a you tube video and thought that would be nice to have.

Quickly looked on Amazon and there are a bunch of them, so I thought I might ask for a recommendation on a particular unit?

I carry a 30A to 20A adapter. I carry and use a standard outlet tester, available at most big box stores for less than $10. Plug in the 30A adapter and then the 20A and look at the lights.

Bob

I bought a watchdog similar to Neal's. I like Bob's answer and have the device for his check. But if something happens while plugged in, the watchdog will always be there.

I built a tester similar to this one 50-amp Tester and when I pull up to a site and get out to walk it, I bring the tester with me. If there is power problems I move on to a different site or get the CG to look at it. One thousand trails CG I was at I found 4 sites with voltage as low as 104V.

We have a inline surge guard now, I saw this and thought it might be handy and sacrificial if I plugged into a bad pedestal. I've had an open ground once before and this might have helped.

71rQpM1+qDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

My $300 Progressive EMS handles that. I bought it when I had the fifth wheel and now use it on the motorhome.

I bought a watchdog similar to Neal's. I like Bob's answer and have the device for his check. But if something happens while plugged in, the watchdog will always be there.
I installed a hard-wired Surge Protector. The same type is used for residential service. I think it cost about $55.00 or so. Installed it myself.

I use the Hughes Autoformer. Plug it in, look at the lights, and you're good to go. If the voltage is low it will boost it. If there is a surge you are protected. I keep the small plug in deal inside where I can see how many volts I'm currently getting. It's good peace of mind. It's good for when I have the generator running also.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXL9YJV/?tag=rvf01-20
My version of power monitoring for our Wildwood X-Lite.

Attachments

• VoAm.jpg
    VoAm.jpg
    791.2 KB · Views: 4

Latest resources

Back