• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Bulbakip

RVF Newbee
Hi!
I have a travel trailer with the ,I belive, standard rubber roof. I live in Arizona, USA (very sunny) and looking for tips to keep my roof well maintained as well as doing things to insulat my rv more from the sun and heat outside.

Would it be better to do some sort of treatment before applying cool coat paint or will the paint be enough to treat and preserve the roof as well? Thank you!

You should clean the roof to remove all deposits. My personal favorite is tropi-coat 100% pure silicone by Henry's. It was designed for any kind of roof, yes even rubber. When applied per henry's instructions carries a lifetime warranty. Will in fact lower temp in the rig, and when applied to the plastic vent covers reduce sunlight damage to the plastic. That is the only coating I will use on an RV. You can get it at Home depot.

Side note: It is the only coating I know of that will not crack in the future.

You should clean the roof to remove all deposits. My personal favorite is tropi-coat 100% pure silicone by Henry's. It was designed for any kind of roof, yes even rubber. When applied per henry's instructions carries a lifetime warranty. Will in fact lower temp in the rig, and when applied to the plastic vent covers reduce sunlight damage to the plastic. That is the only coating I will use on an RV. You can get it at Home depot.

Side note: It is the only coating I know of that will not crack in the future.
Great thanks!

Latest resources

Back