Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Okay, it's one thing to have jet lag, I think there has to be some term the opposite of "lag" when it comes to RVing when you travel west and think your trip is 4 hours and you figure out there is a time zone change and it's 5 hours! I'm traveling east and yesterday got a little reward in the opposite when I moved from mountain to central time. I thought it was a shorter leg than the day prior but when I started out I was bummed to see the arrival time in the GPS. Later I realized I was advancing an hour on the clock, yaye, not so bad. But of course now I'm racing the clock, it's 11 AM and I haven't had breakfast yet! Then of course those of us with dogs have to figure out a way to transition their body clocks which are accurate within +/- 2 minutes for meals and treats! I typically walk the different in 30 minute increments, dealing with the never ending harassment during the delay, but so be it.

So yeah, airline travel is one thing but RV travel and time zones are still a struggle! Living on the edge....

Then of course those of us with dogs have to figure out a way to transition their body clocks which are accurate within +/- 2 minutes for meals and treats!
Man, this is so true! Traveling to another time zone, Dusty looks at us and demands dinner when his internal clock says it’s due, forget what the wall clock says.

I cross from Eastern time to Central time a lot in my travelling sales job because I live close to the line. It really messes everything up. It wouldn't seem like 1 hour would make that big a difference but it does. Then throw in Daylight Savings Time in there and I never know what time it is! :oops:

Latest resources

Back