• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

turbopilot

RVF Supporter
Fulltimer
No
RVForums.com Premium Parks Map is a crowd sourced planning tool to identify the best RV parks in the country.

For a RV park to be included on this map it should meet most of the following criteria (few parks meet all criteria):

* No full time residents (except owner sites)
* 50 amp, full utilities
* Hard surface, level, pull through pads for parking.
* Landscaping between pads
* Sufficient distance between pads for slides
* Park situated away from busy roads
* Online booking
* Price appropriate to the quality of the park
* Adequate maneuvering space for 45' coach
* Trees and bushes maintained

If you find a park on this map that generally does not meet most of the criteria above leave a comment so we can review the parks status.

For reference here is the thread on iRV2 that led to this map.

The map itself can be viewed by clicking the forum above this one. You can also make the map go full screen by clicking the icon on the top right of it if desired.

Thanks turbo for your work on this. I wanted to update you on a park that is shown on the map that was scheduled to open in Aug, 2019.

I wanted to report that Hearthside Grove Lake Erie on Lake Geneva, Ohio was now open. We were there the first of Oct and they had officially opened the week before BUT at that time didn't have any power pedestals installed. They were to be installed during the next week or so. The pads and roads had been installed and there were a couple of "casitas" being built. One was nearing completion.

We didn't stay there because of the lack of power pedestals - though one coach was there with a long extension cord in place. They would have let us stay for free. But we stayed at the Geneva State Park.
Hearthside Grove is immediately next door to Geneva State Park - and on the State Park road. The State Park is very nice, as well.

This Hearthside Grove is a sister resort of their similar resort on Lake Michigan with the same name in Petoskey, Michigan. The salesperson claimed that 8 or more of the Ohio park's sites had already been sold.

On another topic... we spent a week at the lovely Heritage Motorcoach Resort in Orange Beach, AL - it's also on the map and it was FABULOUS - highly recommended!

Thanks turbo for your work on this. I wanted to update you on a park that is shown on the map that was scheduled to open in Aug, 2019.

I wanted to report that Hearthside Grove Lake Erie on Lake Geneva, Ohio was now open. We were there the first of Oct and they had officially opened the week before BUT at that time didn't have any power pedestals installed. They were to be installed during the next week or so. The pads and roads had been installed and there were a couple of "casitas" being built. One was nearing completion.

We didn't stay there because of the lack of power pedestals - though one coach was there with a long extension cord in place. They would have let us stay for free. But we stayed at the Geneva State Park.
Hearthside Grove is immediately next door to Geneva State Park - and on the State Park road. The State Park is very nice, as well.

This Hearthside Grove is a sister resort of their similar resort on Lake Michigan with the same name in Petoskey, Michigan. The salesperson claimed that 8 or more of the Ohio park's sites had already been sold.

On another topic... we spent a week at the lovely Heritage Motorcoach Resort in Orange Beach, AL - it's also on the map and it was FABULOUS - highly recommended!

Appreciate your update. Don't remember who recommended Hearthside Grove. Should we show it on the map since it is not finished?

Appreciate your update. Don't remember who recommended Hearthside Grove. Should we show it on the map since it is not finished?

I may have suggested it because we enjoy the Petoskey resort so much and it was supposed to open this past summer. As creativepart pointed out, it's a moot point right now and certainly should be open in the spring. We were supposed to stay there this September, but couldn't for the above reasons...ended up at the nearby Thompson KOA...one of the nicest KOA's we've visited.

What a great resource! Thank you very much Turbopilot. I discovered it a mere 2 years after you created and posted it!!! Seriously, I really do like the map. I'm always looking for the nicest RV resorts - the best of the best - and that means a lot of trial and error and a tremendous amount of wasted time. Has the map been kept up to date? Is anyone adding to it or revising it?

Again, thank you very much!

I’m staying at three or four parks on the N. Ca and S. Oregon coast (Eureka, Crescent City, Brookings, etc) in a couple weeks. I chose them based on basically the same criteria stated above, so if they meet expectations I’ll mention them here. I noticed there are none on the map in that region. If the parks I’ve chosen don’t measure up, I’ll recon a couple others in the area while out and about.

Latest resources

Back