Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you plan to replace your TPMS unit, the two that seem to get the best reviews from RVers are the TST 507 and the EezTire. Both have user-replaceable sensor batteries. And, both have color monitors (EezTire just released theirs in October 2019). Finally, I believe both have 3-year warrantees.

We use the EezTire unit with the B&W monitor and it works very well. I may buy one of the new color monitors (they are available separately) just because, though I doubt it will improve the usability as this unit has been flawless for a year=plus on the road. Changing the batteries on the non-flow-thru sensors (which we prefer) is quite easy...and, they last a long time. Ours have lasted almost 2 years (counting the time prior to installing them on the coach).

TJ

Having a TPMS that did not have user replaceable batteries would be a deal breaker for me. I would hate to see you toss your present system and start all over though because none of the different brands are very cheap.

We have had a TST brand system since 2011. Six of the original sensors are originals and still work perfectly. Through numerous RV and toad combinations we have changed or modified the system but it has always worked great.

The most important thing IMHO is to have a TPMS in the first place.

caution: on the front wheels of my 18 DS 4369 with 365 tires the RVI sensors hit the wheel causing one to separate and flatten my front tire?. The company stroked me along for nearly 6 months telling me that they were working on a solution only to say they don’t have a fix other then 1 inch spacers that would put the sensors way out in harms way. In addition you need to send the sensors back to the factory on your dime to have the batteries replaced. On a positive note I have the RVI3 brake system and love it. I will say that I feel the size of the tablet is overkill and would be happier with a small box with a light, just my personal preference.

Last edited:
Hi Stuart, I am ready to give up on tire patrol as it’s just been a hassle with faulty sensors. Nice people At RVi but it doesn’t make up for sensors going dead on the road frequently and having to send them back.
I really wanted to avoid having three displays on the dash (Garmin GPS, RVI and now a TPMS).

Do you know if the RVI braking system requires the tablet on to work?
If I could get rid of one device would be idea but I don’t want to forsake safety especially on a braking system and not knowing if it’s engaging is probably not good.

Another option albeit expensive is to upgrade the existing Kenwood audio to the Kenwood DNX775RVS in order to move the Garmin to the in dash unit. I wish there was there was a good GPS for RV’s on the iPhone and my problem would be partly solved.

sheridany:
I know that the RVi3 Brake works autonomously. The tablet is a monitor. It does allow settings via the tablet, but the brake works just fine all by itself.

Hi Stuart, I am ready to give up on tire patrol as it’s just been a hassle with faulty sensors. Nice people At RVi but it doesn’t make up for sensors going dead on the road frequently and having to send them back.
I really wanted to avoid having three displays on the dash (Garmin GPS, RVI and now a TPMS).

Do you know if the RVI braking system requires the tablet on to work?
If I could get rid of one device would be idea but I don’t want to forsake safety especially on a braking system and not knowing if it’s engaging is probably not good.

Another option albeit expensive is to upgrade the existing Kenwood audio to the Kenwood DNX775RVS in order to move the Garmin to the in dash unit. I wish there was there was a good GPS for RV’s on the iPhone and my problem would be partly solved.
Yes the RVI3 brake system works without the monitor, However the monitor allows for emergency TOAD brake application independent of the motorhome

The Tire Patrol saga continues.

We start by calling RVi about the status of the toad sensors sent back Dec 2nd. The order is in not received status at RVi. Sadly I shipped them back USPS with no tracking. My only recourse is to buy four new sensors.

Put that aside. I have an appointment this afternoon with the coach in Sacramento. Drive to coach storage.

I received all new coach sensors in November under warranty. Go around and pair up new sensors with RVi tablet. Some tires were a little low on air so I air them up. That Viar compressor is awesome.

Right front sensor seem to thread differently but it does. As I am doing my walk around I hear the alarm go off. My right front has dropped from 95 to 77 in minutes. i check valve stem core. Tighten it slightly. Rethread sensor. Get to ready to go Now I am late. Appointment cancels because I am late. Check sensors and right front has dropped again. Take sensor off. Air up tire again. Doesn’t lose air waiting 10 min.

I take all sensors and calmly walk to garbage and TOSS. Get on amazon and order EEZ tire system. DONE WITH TIRE PATROL FOREVER. I am inclined to get AF1 installed and be done with RVI forever.

I wish there was there was a good GPS for RV’s on the iPhone and my problem would be partly solved.
I've had good luck with CoPilot.

I take all sensors and calmly walk to garbage and TOSS.
lol, had the same results with a TPMS I bought on Amazon awhile back.

It would give me false warnings on every trip. Very irritating. The last trip we arrived at the park late due to a breakdown. So we parked, leveled the MH, unhooked the Jeep and sped off to the event that we were also late for. When we returned to the park, we found the coach front tire was flat. I assumed (incorrectly) that I had picked up a nail, although I couldn't find one in the tire. Called a mobile mechanic for the next day. He stood me up. Finally I bought an air compressor and aired up the tire just to find the darned sensor was leaking. Removed it, aired up the tire, and life was good again.

So the device I bought to warn me of impending doom was the cause of the problem it was purchased to prevent. I removed the other sensors and tossed them all.

Last edited:
Sorry you have had such a bad experience, Sheridan. I hope your new EEZTire TPMS gives you as much good service as ours has given us.

I would, however, retrieve the old sensors from the trash, if possible, and send the complete RVI unit back to the manufacturer with a stern letter detailing your issues and demanding a full refund of your purchase price! If that doesn't get you a refund, take their refusal reply and send it to both the Better Business Bureau and the consumer protection agency in your state. You might be surprised at the results.

I hate to see outfits like this get away with peddling second-rate stuff, especially when it involves safety issues.

TJ

I hope you will be happy with the EEZ. I’ve had mine for 2+ years, and never a problem, never even replaced a battery. On the braking system, I got a Stay N Play Duo...

As I have a gas MH now, going to a DP IN February, I wanted something that could be used in both. Very happy with it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back