• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

John-CO

RVF Newbee
Hello all,
I am new to the RV lifestyle and recently purchased a Class A diesel pusher. I am considering purchasing the RVibrake3 system for my Jeep Wrangler (dingy tow). The Jeep requires a significant amount of leg force to brake when the vacuum assist is off (in neutral and engine off). I have talked with RViBrake and they say “it works fine”. I would like to know if there are others towing a Jeep Wrangler (I have a 2012) and if the RViBrake3 brake system works efffectively? Appreciate any insights and feedback.
John

Not on a jeep, but on a vacuum assist Equinox and an electric assist Trailblazer, RVi3 works just fine.

I have the rvi3 brake and it works well and easy to set up. What I don’t like is the tablet and the command module both require power if you want to use them. It’s not required to use the braking system meaning you can run it without the tablet but I prefer to see the system is working when braking thus you need power to keep the tablet going.

I use RVi3 brake & it works well on our 2017 GMC Terrain. As Sheridan said, you need power to the tablet & command module. I got frustrated with the tablet/module set-up, & use mine without it! But the unit is an easy install & uninstall, & works well.
OH, I do not recommend their "TPMS" system! Had 2 different sets of sensors, & they never would link up, or stay linked up to the tablet! :( I still have 10 "RVi3 sensors, which have never been used. I just ride em around in the coach!
Good luck with the RVi3 brake system, & I think you will like it!

Thanks you all for the responses. When you say the tablet requires power, are you saying power in the RV, not the towed vehicle? What type connection for power? Does it have options?

The tablet requires either 110 or 12v power charge inside the coach. It comes with a dual usb 110/12v adapter.

Dual USB 2-in-1 AC/DC Charger

I have the rvi3 brake and it works well and easy to set up. What I don’t like is the tablet and the command module both require power if you want to use them. It’s not required to use the braking system meaning you can run it without the tablet but I prefer to see the system is working when braking thus you need power to keep the tablet going.
The size of the monitor and the TPS system reviews is the why I went with Blue Ox Patriot II. I did like the specs of the RVI and I think is slighty better than Blue Ox but not enought to make a real difference. I have used the Blue Ox Patroit in a 2020 and 2017 Wrangler is performed well.

Last edited:
I have installed several USB outlets throughout the coach. One is on the dashboard specifically for powering my Garmin GPS and the RVi tablet. For this particular outlet, I have also installed a switch so that I can un-power the units without unplugging them.

The RVi3 also requires 12VDC power to make it operate in the toad. So, if your toad requires a battery disconnect, you'll have to supply battery power to it somehow, just like any other electrical brake unit.

Latest resources

Back