Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Many of us RV on our own exploring destinations but this past year heading to the balloon fiesta several of us got together to meet up pre and post. I have to say it was really a great time RVing with friends. Going out to dinners, exploring the local events with friends, playing pickleball and learning of new muscles...getting to know our fellow RVers by meeting up at CG's together really added to my RVing experience this year. The balloon fiesta itself was outstanding as many rallies/events can be. I mentioned before that I did a caravan not long after getting my first coach and I highly recommend doing the caravans/rallies with groups. If I could do one a year I would, it's worth the cost.

If you're new to this lifestyle as it has been for me the past 2-1/2 years consider meeting up and going to a few campgrounds with friends and explore together. I think it really adds to the experience and has been a great time thus far. I got to meet several of my fellow Newmarians I've met online and it has been an amazing time. Looking forward to meeting more of you in our travels ahead and maybe we can figure out some informal meetups in the future.

We enjoy doing it both ways.

The first year we were full time we met two couples at a CG out in the Black Hills. We were there for a Trike rally. Since we all ride trikes and travel in Class A's (even though they have Tiffin buses) we really hit it off. As we plan our annual travels we will consult them and generally meet up several times a year in different parts of the country for rides. It is a lot of fun cooking out together, group riding, and just sitting around visiting in the evenings.

But we also enjoy our laid back traveling times by ourselves.

Being "true " newbies, less than a year , we've only had an opportunity to do a 4 day trip with close friends. Our first trip & my first experience. My lifelong friend has had 5 RV's and used the trip as a " teaching " experience for me. We had a great time.
And in April we are getting together for 4 days with the couple that bought our Mountain Aire.
My short experience is that the vast majority of "RV'ers ", especially "Newmarians" are great folks!
We look forward to some great experiences!

Since my Sis and BIL retired and moved into a 5er I drive up to camp/visit with them a few times a year. My wife is still working and maybe next year she'll retire and then we can start taking long trips.
I have met many nice people in the few long trips I've taken solo and also visiting my Sis and I've become good friends with their camping friends. So next year we are talking about maybe going up to Maine as a group - that will be fun.

I like camping with friends, sharing stories around the fire and sharing in potlucks. I don't however like trying to keep up while on the road. Heck I hate being behind the slow friend too. I don't like dealing with the driver that has to pass four coaches to get back in because people forget to leave space for others who don't belong to the group to safely pass us. People are better at being courteous when mob rule is not a thing.

Being an ex-military guy, we have friends all over the country. Its our hope that we can have meets at various locations over the next 10 years or so.

There used to be Mississippi River RV cruises on barges, but I think those companies are out of business.

On the telly I saw a vintage RV club that traveled together, it was pretty interesting and they had some beautiful vintage rigs pulling equally beautiful vintage TTs.

The misses and I would be interested in a vintage rig except I want the modern safety equipment that older rigs do not have.

The misses and I would be interested in a vintage rig except I want the modern safety equipment that older rigs do not have.
Don't know exactly what you mean.

I don't think vary many group travels are happening right now. I like visiting but even I have moved to remote locations away from the crowds. Roaming around the country visiting old friends may even be rejected by your friends as that is how spread happens, with or without PPG. This all will pass but it may still be a while.

Don't know exactly what you mean.

I don't think vary many group travels are happening right now. I like visiting but even I have moved to remote locations away from the crowds. Roaming around the country visiting old friends may even be rejected by your friends as that is how spread happens, with or without PPG. This all will pass but it may still be a while.
You're being a Debbie Downer Kevin.

Covid will pass. As stated, we are looking at the next 10 years. Although group meets will not happen in the next six months or so, they will happen in the future.

Ive been in two wrecks the past year, the only two I have ever been in, neither my fault. If not for airbags, I would be dead.

Driving a pre airbag, pre antilock brake vehicle is not in our future. Im sticking with the new stuff.

After over 40 years on two wheels, we gave that up two years ago. Too dangerous.

After my two wrecks that were both totals, Im considering giving up my 65 and 67 Mustangs. I dont drive them enough and they are not wreck friendly either.

Its all about staying healthy.

Latest resources

Back