RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Yukon Denali
Fulltimer
Yes
FYI, I just received this safety call and thought I'd pass the information on:

"Shyft Group decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain model year 2022, 2023, and 2024, K1, K2, K3 and K4 model Spartan RV chassis equipped with a vehicle control module (ICM) supplied by Ametek."

Evidently the "vehicle control module is subject to a software error that can result in loss of motive power and other key safety functions such as loss of head lamps or windshield wipers."

The fix is to have the vehicle control module reprogrammed with corrected software and should take about a half hour.

Thanks @ARD ... I also received it and am getting the fix done here locally next Friday at NorthTrail RV. I will let you know how it goes.

FLSteve :cool:

Hopefully they will get mine done this week at Newmar. 😊

Just a note for those that haven’t seen the other post and getting work done…..

There is a software update for the KIB that “should” stop the lights from not working periodically from the switches - the one that cycling the battery disconnect fixes. North Trail should know about it since we have it on our list and are going in next Tuesday for some warranty items.

Know Newmar does since one of the folks I talked to remembered the email about the fix that came out for it.

There is a software update for the KIB that “should” stop the lights from not working periodically from the switches - the one that cycling the battery disconnect fixes
Thanks for mentioning. I didn't know about it and will ask my tech.

Just a note for those that haven’t seen the other post and getting work done…..

There is a software update for the KIB that “should” stop the lights from not working periodically from the switches - the one that cycling the battery disconnect fixes. North Trail should know about it since we have it on our list and are going in next Tuesday for some warranty items.

Know Newmar does since one of the folks I talked to remembered the email about the fix that came out for it.
@DennisT ... thanks for the heads up. Let me know if Northtrail gets it done as my appointment is several days after yours. @ARD ... if you find out more on this please post it here.

FLSteve :unsure:

Do you have the recall number? I would like to read it to see if it applies to my chassis.
Not a recall that I know of.

One of the times I was on the phone with Newmarket Tech line I mentioned the issue and the individual remembered an email about it. They looked it up to confirm and said it should fix having to do the battery disconnect when the switches stop working.

Notice went out to the techs sometime in January.

@DennisT ... thanks for the heads up. Let me know if Northtrail gets it done as my appointment is several days after yours. @ARD ... if you find out more on this please post it here.

FLSteve :unsure:
Will do Steve.

Do you have the recall number? I would like to read it to see if it applies to my chassis.
The recall number is in the subject line (23V-062).

This thread got off topic with the mention of a fix for the KIB panels in the Newmar coaches that have been a known problem. Let's try to stay on track with the safety recall on the Spartan chassis referenced above. @DennisT maybe you could start a new thread in the Newmar Forum regarding the KIB Panel. 😊 Thanks everyone for contributing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back