syjsmom2

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Four Winds
RV Model
Chateau Sport
RV Length
Hey all - we can’t really fix the roof at this time - AC weight combined with the sag makes water collect and drip into RV. Lots of dripping! We do have RV under carport to protect roof now but I’m trying to come up with an idea to lift some of that ac weight off so roof will even out and allow condensation to flow as it should. I’ve brainstormed using carport rafter and attaching something thin but sturdy to chain threaded up through rafter - my hubby is skeptical lol. Maybe a brace inside? Any ideas are welcome and appreciated. 2000 Four Winds Chateau Sport 28A.

Attachments

• 87D51CE4-BA4A-452A-B553-DFC7C793F7E2.jpeg
    87D51CE4-BA4A-452A-B553-DFC7C793F7E2.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 14
I really don't know your specific RV model, but many have drains to carry off the condensation. Is it possible that you have one and that it is clogged? You might want to check. Clogged drains are a relatively common RV problem.

TJ

Thanks for your response! I climbed up last week and went over everything - the 2 drain holes were not clogged. I was surprised there wasn’t a catch pan in front of the coils - the 2 drain holes are behind the coils. Because the weight of the ac adds to the sagging of the roof, there is nowhere for condensation to go except straight down ?

Where is the drip pan or holes in relation to coils?

Attachments

• 6DA9184D-221B-4938-84A5-CFD2C61AFC3F.jpeg
    6DA9184D-221B-4938-84A5-CFD2C61AFC3F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15

Latest resources

Back