Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
My fresh water tank drain is pictured. Most parks don’t allow dumping water on the ground. When I need to sanitize the tank it takes 138 gallons (46x3) to fill and dump twice after letting the bleach water sit. Is there some type of hose or attachment that I can use to drain into the park sewer dump?

Attachments

• IMG_3882.jpeg
    IMG_3882.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3880.jpeg
    IMG_3880.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
The path people often take is run fresh in the coach with your fresh drain open so it's flowing into the sewer connection. It's good to get the sanitizer through faucet paths as well.

Ok, I like the running water through the faucets and out the grey tank. One question though, to flush the water out of the system I will need to run the internal pump until the system is empty. Will this damage the water pump to not be moving water through it as the tank runs dry?

You don't want to let it continue to run as it is barely sputtering. Run till it starts to sputter without much productivity then shut it down. That last little bit of solution will be extremely diluted. If it makes you feel better you can put 3-4 gallons in the tank and empty a couple of times, then there would essentially no solution remaining. Most RV water tanks have the outlet low on the side so you can never completely drain them.

Latest resources

Back