Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

jbstevens

RVF Regular
Just back from a camping weekend and we stayed in a State campground and were camped right under a cottonwood tree. We noticed the sap was really bad! Sap was tracked into the camper on the vinyl floor and it's on the roof of camper and vinyl tents that slide out as well. I have tried Goo Gone to help remove some of the sap but it's still really caked into those three areas. Is there anything someone has come across that is able to remove this sap??? I also tried vinegar and acetone just on the roof of the camper in small spots and it didn't remove any sap either. Please help!!!

Just back from a camping weekend and we stayed in a State campground and were camped right under a cottonwood tree. We noticed the sap was really bad! Sap was tracked into the camper on the vinyl floor and it's on the roof of camper and vinyl tents that slide out as well. I have tried Goo Gone to help remove some of the sap but it's still really caked into those three areas. Is there anything someone has come across that is able to remove this sap??? I also tried vinegar and acetone just on the roof of the camper in small spots and it didn't remove any sap either. Please help!!!
Methyl Hydrate works very well. But be very careful. It is very strong alcohol thus extremely flammable. Make sure you don't breath the vapors and don't let it touch your skin. If the sap has been left for a long time it may require a soaking. Get a rag dripping wet (with the alcohol) and let it sit on the sap. The product should not affect automobile paint but be careful with fabrics. Always test on everything first.

Darrell

Latest resources

Back