• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jerry & Sarah

RVF Regular
2022 New Aire
I drove to the campsite and turned on the Satellite switch in the overhead compartment, then switched on the Wally and the TV; I can hear the rooftop mounted Receiver searching but it never stops searching. I have turned it off and on several times to reboot, but it still searches. The TV works, and I can see all the channels ( at least from this location). I do not know the brand name of the receiver, but it is a dark gray dome.

Any suggestions?

Call DISH and see what support can tell you. I called them a few times, always a great help. There are some menus to reset things, etc. Try calling them.

2022 New Aire
I drove to the campsite and turned on the Satellite switch in the overhead compartment, then switched on the Wally and the TV; I can hear the rooftop mounted Receiver searching but it never stops searching. I have turned it off and on several times to reboot, but it still searches. The TV works, and I can see all the channels ( at least from this location). I do not know the brand name of the receiver, but it is a dark gray dome.

Any suggestions?
I'm not sure what you mean by "I can see all the channels"? If the dish/dome is still searching and hasn't fixed on any satellites how is that possible? Anyway, every time that happened to me over the years (both on DirecTV and Dish) is was the short cable that came from the dish/dome on the roof that went bad.

I'm not sure what you mean by "I can see all the channels"? If the dish/dome is still searching and hasn't fixed on any satellites how is that possible? Anyway, every time that happened to me over the years (both on DirecTV and Dish) is was the short cable that came from the dish/dome on the roof that went bad.
I agree; I can scroll thru the channel guide and lock on to every channel, even tho I hear the dome searching.

I have called Dish Network 3 times and the assistants have walked me thru different tests and rebooted on their end. They even updated the programing and still no changes to the searching.

Latest resources

Back