RV Year
RV Make
Thor
RV Model
Axis 24.1
RV Length
Chassis
Ford
Good Day to All. My wife and I just got a new RV. Please let us know about satellite service for TV and internet. I have seen costs varying from minimal to very expensive. I also do not yet understand the differences between the various antennas. specifically, our unit came with a Connect 2.0 antenna. Is this only for wifi? can it be used for satellite service. Our unit does receive satellite radio; does this mean it will receive satellite TV and/or internet if we learn how to set it? Basically, you can tell that I am new to this and would really appreciate any help you can give. Thank you

Would encourage you to go to the Mobile Internet MobileResource Center ( Mobile Internet for RV & Boats - Unbiased News, Guidance & Education - the free section should be sufficient) to develop an understanding of what is available.

As you have already discovered, costs can vary from minimal to very expensive.... depending on your requirements.

Based on a quick internet search, I see the Connect 2.0 antenna is a Wineguard product. As I briefly read about it, supposedly it has OTA (over the air capability) & cellular capability (will require a data plan). Sells in the neighborhood of $500.00.

I am not familiar With Winegard products. Ideally the website or users manual should provide some instructions on setup & use.

If you have not used these types of devices previously (devices requiring cellular data plans - not cell phones) it can be frustrating. The majority of the cellular carriers lack the technical know how to help you with anything other than cellphones.

Hopefully someone on this forum has this device & can provide some specific help.

Good luck & safe travels.

Ooops, sells for about $400.00............ fat finger it!

The Winegard Connect 2.0 is definitely NOT a device for receiving satellite TV. It is a router that can provide WiFi connectivity and LTE (assuming the user contracts for cellular service.)

Latest resources

Back