RV Length
43 ft
Chassis
Roadmaster RR10S
Engine
Cummins 400 ISL
TOW/TOAD
2010 Ext. Cab Silverado 4x4
We spend winters at The Glades RV Resort and Marina, have a yearly lease. Decent neighbors although the one behind me seems to keep trying to crowd into people on both sides and has tried coming backwards into my spot.
I have friends from Palm Beach that used to be parked next to us, great people, they'd just come to The Glades on the weekends. Chuck and Beth. 2 years ago they moved to a lot 4 spaces down on a curve that has about 6 palm trees, so lots of shade in the morning. They barely beat us to it, I consider it the nicest lot there that isn't covered (and the owner quit allowing covers to be put over rv's).

They tore into this lot, cut the overgrowth off the palms up from the ground, put walkways in, mulch and plants with the edging in curving shapes. Looks like it was designed with a cad program. Lights, a hot tub, a tiki bar, a canvas shade gazebo with a 60 inch tv and sound system and a refrigerator. They really worked hard and made it into an amazing lot. Chuck told me a year ago that they'd spent 10 grand.

2 weeks before we left Florida I was talking to Chuck and he said with house prices the way they were they were going to cash in, take the money and build a house on more land in South Georgia. Beth was going to retire from teaching and Chuck works remotely anyway. Wanted to know if I'd be interested in taking over the lot. I said Hell yes.

He said I'd be doing him a favor because he really didn't want to take the time to haul all the stuff out. So what it amounts to he's leaving it all and considers I'm doing him a favor for taking it. Hot tub, tiki bar, gazebo with power to it, tv and sound system, refrigerator. He doesn't want a dime. He said if I didn't want the hot tub in my way he could have it hauled off, I said no just leave it you've got enough to do.

He called the resort manager while I was sitting there and set it all up, it's a done deal. Wife and I are overjoyed.

This is my current lot. We added a cheap shade gazebo behind the trailer since this pic and were going to buy a more solid one next year. Now I don't have to do anything but move the trailer and the plants over.
20211211_103618.jpg

Congrats!

Congrats!
Thanks!

Other large plusses about this lot are that the lot on the other side of the palm trees is rarely used, kind of an overflow lot. They never poured a patio for it.
The lot on the other side, driver side, is so small only a very small trailer or camper van can fit in it so it's rarely used. My pal Eric who lives next to this lot put 2 gazebos up with park approval and they really crowded into this lot between us. So it almost never gets used.

Also my new lot is 20 ft wider at the back end than my old one before even taking into consideration the unused spaces on each side of me.
And Eric and his wife and kid live there year round and keep an eye on things for all of us.

Wow! Lucky you!!

Latest resources

Back