Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Dilmar

RVF Regular
So this newbie is struggling. The newest challenge is that I screwed my TV mount through the exterior. Help needed. What is the best repair kit for the exterior wall? Now that I have figured out this wall mount didn't work so good, which mount is appropriate and won't have screws too long??? I have a 30 TT Sundance ultra lite. Thank you in advance! Amy

Assuming your TT has a fiberglass exterior, simply take the screw out and use a fiberglass repair kit (with color gelcoat) from a marine store. Just try and match the color as close as possible and follow the directions on the repair kit. Is there a mounting plate somewhere in your TT for a TV mount? Call the manufacturer and ask where to mount one. If that doesn't work, my only suggestion would be to make one yourself. Find studs (either metal or wood) and mount a plate (1/2 in plywood - good quality) between them attaching both ends to the studs and using a high quality adhesive on the surface in between. Then mount your bracket to that. I am not an RV repair man and have no inside experience except I've owned a few over the past 50 years. Good luck...don't give up, we ALL make a mistake here and there ?

Easy fix. Remove the screw. Seal the whole. Go down to your local auto parts store or RV place and by a reflector that you like the look of. You’ll take a screw hole and turn it into a safety feature. :). Some will use a decal. Cover it with something deliberate. Nobody will know.

Cheers.

As far as mounting the TV, finding a secure "stud" inside the wall of any RV can be tricky. There are numerous 2-part epoxy adhesives available at most hardware or home improvement stores. I would cut a couple 1x3 pieces of wood, paint them, and use the epoxy to mount them to the wall. You could use just short wood screws to hold them in place while the epoxy sets up. Then mount your TV mount to the 1x3 pieces of wood.

Assuming your TT has a fiberglass exterior, simply take the screw out and use a fiberglass repair kit (with color gelcoat) from a marine store. Just try and match the color as close as possible and follow the directions on the repair kit. Is there a mounting plate somewhere in your TT for a TV mount? Call the manufacturer and ask where to mount one. If that doesn't work, my only suggestion would be to make one yourself. Find studs (either metal or wood) and mount a plate (1/2 in plywood - good quality) between them attaching both ends to the studs and using a high quality adhesive on the surface in between. Then mount your bracket to that. I am not an RV repair man and have no inside experience except I've owned a few over the past 50 years. Good luck...don't give up, we ALL make a mistake here and there ?
Thank you!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back