Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jbgarrison6

RVF Regular
After someone tried to break in on us while camping, we have considered buying a camera to mount to the side of our rig. We are seasonal campers and wanted some extra security. I don't want to screw the mount into the side of the rig, would rather mount using some double sided tape. Obviously we would have to take the camera down during transit and put back up once we arrived to our destination. Anyone else have a security camera, and how did you install? Any thoughts would be great! Thanks.

I have a Eufy doorbell camera. I am thinking of mounting a doorbell camera on the back of the rig. You could do the same with Ring. It is attached with 15 lb velcro. No need to remove for travel. Most times I forget and have traveled hundreds of miles at a time and havenot lost it.

If someone is trying to break in what good is a camera?

Cameras are so small and light that a small strip of VHB tape would serve as a very sufficient mount and you could leave it up all the time. Might also be interesting used like a dash cam to record traffic and travel from another perspective. Or mount a couple and have a poor man’s Omni-view. Two side mounted cameras facing back would certainly be superior to the factory side cameras. Lots of possibilities.

Or maybe to alert us when someone is milling around our campsite so we can be prepared instead of being caught off guard?

This too, is true, assuming the camera has the alert capability.

On a suggestion aimed at the original info request. One might want to check out hobby shops for R/C aircraft. There are servo mounting tapes that hold quite well, such that you wouldn't have to demount the camera.
Although.....one might also want to store them inside when there's long-term storage of the RV on the horizon.

Roger

Latest resources

Back