Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
For those ever considering to sell such as within the next year, now is obviously the time. If I didn't have a critical trip coming up and also Newmar replacing my upholstery which can only be done for original owner, I'd probably be selling too and buying a new Newmar, bigger, a 2022. But I can't and with that I also remind myself so I remind you that if you sell now AND buy now, you are buying right back into the sellers market, i.e. you'll pay a premium. If you sell two years from now and not get as much you will also probably have more leeway to deal on your next purchase. I really like buying in depressed times, my Honda Pilot I got a killing on at the end of 2008. I was in complete control. In 2017 I got a great deal and leverage, typical as we have all known it (off MSRP) on my Ventana. Buying now I think would be a different story. So again, moral is, you may do great selling now but if you're buying right back in your net reward is going to be minimal. Same applies to two years from now, sell at a lesser deal but buy at a better deal. So keep that in mind if you're getting the urge to sell in the current market.

@Neal I was thinking about this. I am more like the guy that looks at the market and wants to jump but his legs are to weak to do it. But truely if your thinking of selling now is the time, maybe. Boy! I wish I knew when the peak would be. Then I could sell at the peak and buy in a short time while in the valley. OH! yah, I don't have any to sell, must have been dreaming.

@Neal is spot on. I sold my Ventana very quickly as the demand was strong in August/September for Class A. However, it is slim pickings on new or used and dealers are not willing to “deal” right now as we have seen before on new RV’s. They never anticipated the shift in demand like what happened.

As I have been searching for my next coach, many have said to wait until the frenzy is over and others believe there is going to be a lot of deals to be had within a year or so as people go to sell their RV’s and the used market will be full of very good deals with little use.

This lifestyle is not for everyone and owning an RV is a commitment if you believe in taking care of things.

As a good friend said “do you need it now or do you want it now”. That is a great question that made me think for a bit. I’ll wait it out.

For those ever considering to sell such as within the next year, now is obviously the time. If I didn't have a critical trip coming up and also Newmar replacing my upholstery which can only be done for original owner, I'd probably be selling too and buying a new Newmar, bigger, a 2022. But I can't and with that I also remind myself so I remind you that if you sell now AND buy now, you are buying right back into the sellers market, i.e. you'll pay a premium. If you sell two years from now and not get as much you will also probably have more leeway to deal on your next purchase. I really like buying in depressed times, my Honda Pilot I got a killing on at the end of 2008. I was in complete control. In 2017 I got a great deal and leverage, typical as we have all known it (off MSRP) on my Ventana. Buying now I think would be a different story. So again, moral is, you may do great selling now but if you're buying right back in your net reward is going to be minimal. Same applies to two years from now, sell at a lesser deal but buy at a better deal. So keep that in mind if you're getting the urge to sell in the current market.

Neal, we have had our upholstery replaced, but I do not have much faith in the fabric, as at the time, it was still Flexsteel fabric. I hope you will post pictures, and your impressions of the new fabric when you get the job done. We really like our 17 DS, so far it has been a wonderful coach. We plan to keep it for the long haul, and really take care of it. However, if the DS gets a major update in decor, it would be tempting. Judy D

Latest resources

Back