Sellers Market

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

"EZ"

Internet Forum Junkie since there was dial up!
RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Holiday Rambler
RV Model
Ambassador
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
It sure is a sellers market right now! A dealer customer of mine and I were talking the other day about he's having trouble finding used vehicles to buy so he can sell them. He was also amazed at how much the used vehicles were selling for right now! I casually mentioned that I was going to sell my 2013 Ram 1500 regular cab 4wd with a Hemi with 79k miles on it. He said send me some pics of it I may buy it. How much do you want. I said $14,000 and he said I'll take it!! According to Kelly Blue book the trade in value is between $13k and $15k. If I'd wanted the hassle of selling it myself and dealing with the idiots that would want to talk me down off my price I could have gotten another couple grand MAYBE. But this was so EZ that I said OK!! That's the easiest truck sale I ever made!

On another note, I paid $28,000 for this truck. Sold it 8 years later for $14,000. This means it cost me approximately $1750/yr plus maintenance to drive this truck. I don't think you could find anything much better than that!! Pickup trucks hold their value better than any vehicle I've ever owned. I bought a 1988 Chevy Silverado for $12,300 in 1988. Drove it 10 years and totaled it. The insurance company gave me $5500. That one cost me $680/year plus maintenance to drive. Costs have gone up since 1988 but pickup trucks are still a great value!

Attachments

• IMG_0014 (002).jpg
    IMG_0014 (002).jpg
    721.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1776.JPG
    IMG_1776.JPG
    906.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1778.JPG
    IMG_1778.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Aside from the massive improvement in passenger space, this was a main driver for me trading our Jeep Cherokee for an F-150. Trucks just hold their value so, incredibly well. Non-truck owners always seem befuddled by why so many people buy trucks but once you realize how well their hold their value and how utilitarian and flexible they are in terms of usage, it’s not really much of a surprise! For that matter, neither are minivans either once you understand them. Hard to imagine not owning a truck for the rest of my life after this purchase, which was my first truck ever.

Latest resources

Back