• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Selling my RV

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Selling a camper is easy, but it's trickier with a lien. If you sell your camper with a lien via a dealership. They will handle transferring ownership of the camper and taking on the debt from the lien.
Good morning,
This is in no way picking a fight, just a question on your post. What do you mean by "transferring ownership and taking on the debt from the lien"?
Sometimes I am slow.
Thank you,
Ken

Good morning,
This is in no way picking a fight, just a question on your post. What do you mean by "transferring ownership and taking on the debt from the lien"?
Sometimes I am slow.
Thank you,
Ken
If it's like one I am trying to finalize new buyer would pay existing finance company the sale amount. If less is owed than sale amount finance company sends a check to the person financing (seller). Make sure to do your homework and check that the finance company is legitimate, the seller is who they say they are, same with RV, and most importantly know what the payoff amount is. H a wire transfer ready to go with your bank when you want to change hands. From there the finance company should send the new buyer the title.
This is the way I understood it, but I still have to speak directly to the finance company. Anyone else has any better knowledge of this that would help me out too.

If it's like one I am trying to finalize new buyer would pay existing finance company the sale amount. If less is owed than sale amount finance company sends a check to the person financing (seller). Make sure to do your homework and check that the finance company is legitimate, the seller is who they say they are, same with RV, and most importantly know what the payoff amount is. H a wire transfer ready to go with your bank when you want to change hands. From there the finance company should send the new buyer the title.
This is the way I understood it, but I still have to speak directly to the finance company. Anyone else has any better knowledge of this that would help me out too.
Good morning,
We do things a bit differently here. We know exactly what the payoff is ahead of time. We get that on a letterhead from the lender with a contact name and number. Once we are funded by the buyers lender, we wire exactly the payoff amount. Anything additional we wire to the seller. Once we have the titles, lien release and a signed Bill of Sale we handle the sales tax, title, registration and lien work for the buyer according to his/her state rules. We take zero chances that the payoff is not correct. Also, zero chance the buyer state work is not finished correctly.
Maybe some do, but we have never had the buyers lender disperse funds to the seller or the lien holding bank. As the funded entity in the process, we are responsible for lien placement. Getting that right is of major importance to us and our lender relationships.
We work with private buyers and seller every day.
Let us know how we can help.
Thank you,
Ken

Good morning,
We do things a bit differently here. We know exactly what the payoff is ahead of time. We get that on a letterhead from the lender with a contact name and number. Once we are funded by the buyers lender, we wire exactly the payoff amount. Anything additional we wire to the seller. Once we have the titles, lien release and a signed Bill of Sale we handle the sales tax, title, registration and lien work for the buyer according to his/her state rules. We take zero chances that the payoff is not correct. Also, zero chance the buyer state work is not finished correctly.
Maybe some do, but we have never had the buyers lender disperse funds to the seller or the lien holding bank. As the funded entity in the process, we are responsible for lien placement. Getting that right is of major importance to us and our lender relationships.
We work with private buyers and seller every day.
Let us know how we can help.
Thank you,
Ken
Ken, what company do you represent? I don't see one listed in any of your replies. I'm trying to sell my Tiffin Wayfarer.

Vicki

Ken, what company do you represent? I don't see one listed in any of your replies. I'm trying to sell my Tiffin Wayfarer.

Vicki
Good morning,
If you are asking about our company, it is called Jireh Financial - Jireh Financial . The signature of our posts have that in it. Our service contract companies are posted on our website. Our lenders we do not post on our website. We have been in this business for a long time. We are constantly learning but but currently have some very good processes in place to protect buyer, seller, lender and us. All parties in the transaction are very important.
Let me know how we can help.
Thank you,
Ken

Please help if you can,
I am selling my Jayco Grayhawk 31FK 2011 with 20,000 miles on it,
I have recently been through cancer surgery and I’m trying to figure out the easiest way to sell my motorhome,

Does anybody know if camping world gives fair prices when buying a motorhome from a private seller?

I need to sell it and I’m realistic,
About the fact, I’m going to lose money, but in case things don’t go well I don’t want leave my wife with the burden of trying to sell it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Kevin

Sorry to hear about the health issues.
I don't think you will find many CW fans on this forum. Do you have any smaller local dealerships around your area? Most good dealers look for inventory to sell on consignment / brokerage. That way they get as nice piece without having to steel it from you.
Thank you,
Ken

Craigslist is good “usually”,but do not fall for the scams. It costs $5 for 30 days.
Ignore all texts that ask if they can send you a code “to make sure you are real”, and any offers to send you a cashiers check. When you post an ad make it clear that you would prefer phone calls over email or texts. Also indicate that the ad will be removed as soon as it sells. You’ll know it’s a scam when they text or email you asking “is it still available”
ALWAYS ask at least 10% more than what you’ll actually sell it for.
Good luck, and will say prayers for you.

Latest resources

Back