• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Kevinp

RVF Newbee
Please help if you can,
I am selling my Jayco Grayhawk 31FK 2011 with 20,000 miles on it,
I have recently been through cancer surgery and I’m trying to figure out the easiest way to sell my motorhome,

Does anybody know if camping world gives fair prices when buying a motorhome from a private seller?

I need to sell it and I’m realistic,
About the fact, I’m going to lose money, but in case things don’t go well I don’t want leave my wife with the burden of trying to sell it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Kevin

If used RVs are selling the way used cars are right now, it should take you about a day to sell it after you list it on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist.

I have used RV trader in the past. Worked good for us. Check the site to see how units like yours are priced. We sold our 5th wheel in about six weeks listing there.

Craigslist and FB Marketplace are good places to sell locally. I sold my 5th wheel in three days last year.

Also check eBay for SOLD listings. Pricing based on what people are asking is usually a bad idea. Nada values can be helpful, however they are geared toward benefit of dealers not consumers so keep that in mind.

When we purchased our motorhome around August last year, the market had clearly cooled down a ton. We had sellers contacting us with reduced offers to try and get us back in the game and nothing seemed to be selling fast.

Please help if you can,
I am selling my Jayco Grayhawk 31FK 2011 with 20,000 miles on it,
I have recently been through cancer surgery and I’m trying to figure out the easiest way to sell my motorhome,

Does anybody know if camping world gives fair prices when buying a motorhome from a private seller?

I need to sell it and I’m realistic,
About the fact, I’m going to lose money, but in case things don’t go well I don’t want leave my wife with the burden of trying to sell it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Kevin
Good morning,
Sorry to hear about the health issue. I am sure everyone here hopes for your best outcome.
As for value or selling price - NADA shows Used Retail for your unit at $55,125. That is from the March - April update so value is current. That also includes the mileage adjustment that in your case, is a positive. The question about selling to a dealer, that certainly would not be the highest dollar. Rough guess, they would want it for low $30's.
I have found that free listing places like Marketplace and Craig's List bring 95% crap calls. There is a place on this forum and also RV Trader. It seems that even a small fee to list weeds out much of the junk. If you have any bites, we work with private buyers and sellers all the time.
Pictures are a big key. If you can't take and post good pictures, find someone who can.
We do not charge a fee to sellers. Banks pay us to place the loans.
Let me know how we can help.
Thank you,
Ken

You could contact NIRVC, about their "Consignment Program"! Seems to be highly rated overall!

www.nirvc.com

I second RVTrader. Price it right and will go quickly. If you are uncomfortable or lack the wherewithal to list it yourself ask a friend for some help. Be careful with how you sell it and to handle the transfer of money

Best of luck with it

We can help with the transaction and paperwork process. There are some very simple but important steps to do and watch for. My contact information is below if a call is easier.
We are here to help.
Thank you,
Ken

Selling a camper is easy, but it's trickier with a lien. If you sell your camper with a lien via a dealership. They will handle transferring ownership of the camper and taking on the debt from the lien.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back