Chassis
Ford F-53
Engine
Ford Godzilla V-8
TOW/TOAD
None at this point
Fulltimer
No
Hi, 2021 Baystar on the F-53 Ford chassis, have gotten the Service Advancetrac message a couple of times in the last 2 weeks. Shut off engine, restart message is gone, no rhyme or reason that I can see for it to come on. Anyone else having this problem, when the warning is on. the cruise control does not work and it also states that the Hill Start Assist is also inactive. Thoughts?

First thing Id do is plug in a code reader and see if that holds any clues, and if you find any, post them here.

This is a common problem on the F53 chassis, and Ford is well aware of it. Supposedly they are working on a fix...On my 2022 Baystar I got the that message an hour after I left the dealership. It was a very windy day and I got hit with a strong crosswind and this message came on. Off course you can imagine how nerve wracking the rest of the ride home, thankfully it was not a long ride. It happened one more time to me, on the way down to Florida on I81 again got hit by strong headwinds this time, and the message came on. Since that time in February I have driven an additional 3k miles without the message coming back and I have been in some windy conditions also. Hopefully the problem is cleared out. Do a google search "Advance Trac Error on Ford F53" you will be able to research the issue. There are several threads on other forums including a Ford forum that goes into detail about this issue, one person actually took Ford to court and sued.

Hi, 2021 Baystar on the F-53 Ford chassis, have gotten the Service Advancetrac message a couple of times in the last 2 weeks. Shut off engine, restart message is gone, no rhyme or reason that I can see for it to come on. Anyone else having this problem, when the warning is on. the cruise control does not work and it also states that the Hill Start Assist is also inactive. Thoughts?
Yes, It has happened to me every time there is the slightest wind while driving. Also, turned off the motorhome and message was gone. However it returns soon afterwards within 5 miles). I also had a yellow wrench light up. The Hill assist and cruise control stop working too, traction control light also lit up.

Must be an issue with the new chassis & 7.3 V-8.
My 2020 is on a 2019 chassis, V-10, & thankfully in 23,000+ miles, I've had no such issue; nor any other engine issue!
Hopefully "FORD" can easily take care of the problem!

Latest resources

Back