RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4118
RV Length
41'
TOW/TOAD
2018 JL Rubicon & 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
@Neal ... WOW, I certainty can't comment on all this "level 8 and above tech talk" as I am down on level 2 ... but I wanted to give a shout out to @redbaron

While he was in my local area the other day, he offered to come over to our house and spent about three (3) hours in my coach and helped us to get all the WiFi Ranger equipment set up including the Silver Leaf apps on our IPhones and IPad. He even had to do some reprogramming in the Silver Leaf system to get my 125-module activated and working as evidently that have never been done. Now we can both sit in our theater seating and do everything but drive the coach! And as a bonus, he even reset by Spartan TPMS sensors with his Valor programming tool.

Thank you again @redbaron for sharing your knowledge and time.

FLSteve (y)(y)(y)

MOD Action:

I moved @FLSteve's reply to a new thread, because I want to continue that discussion.

It was originally located here: Question - Are you using Pepwave SpeedFusion?

After Steve, @Neal posted this:
First - that's awesome, glad you have everything all setup and can enjoy your coach and all the tech.

While off topic for this thread what you describe is a failure by Newmar or a PDI failure. As a software developer (me) if I write an app that requires peers to help someone figure out the software, fix something I didn't do properly, etc. etc. then I failed.

Any customer of a coach should be able to use everything that comes with it without assistance. There should be guides on how to configure anything/everything in the coach without having to call Newmar, your dealer, or peers. Today's method of training is YouTube, the old day were paper guides. This is where Newmar and/or dealers need to capitalize on feedback such as above, that should be communicated to them, and address with proper training (YouTube videos) to help others. While you're all set, how many other owners are not using the full potential of their coach? You and others please provide feedback so when the next person purchases their dream machine, they can enjoy it too. It may and likely will fall on deaf ears, but we all have to try.

Wait for the invoice, it's all great now, don't open the mail! @redbaron ain't cheap

Edit: Maybe @redbaron could consider making YouTube videos to help others like he did with yours

I will continue this thread in my next reply

There are 3 things I did for @FLSteve.
1. configured TPMS set points using Valor Gen1 TPMS tool
2. configured Silverleaf LR125 options using Silverleaf Omniscope hardware
3. configured the Wifi Ranger following the practice set forth by Newmar documentation.

The first 2 items must be done by the dealer or someone with these tools. The tools are almost $1000.00 combined, and very few coach owners would own one or both.

The dealer should have configured both of the items above. I will be sending NIRVC some notes for future coach owner deliveries.

Item #3 was released after @FLSteve did his delivery. The document is pretty clear on how to make the changes, but since I was already there, it didn't take much for me to configure it.

I will be making some notes regarding Wifi Ranger setup that I did for @FLSteve in a future post. To summarize, I am using his Denali on the roof as a Wifi Client -- to bring in internet to the coach, and using his Polar inside to broadcast the internal network to his LAN. This greatly reduces the number of reboots WFR experiences and seemed to be as stable as can be expected until further updates (ie: remove speedtest, stabilitity issues, etc) are introduced.

Latest resources

Back