Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Twicebitten

RVF Newbee
First RV, 2023 BayStar 3629. The three slideouts squeal, almost shriek when extending. The service mgr in Concord says the slideouts should not be lubed. I find this a difficult pill to swallow. This forum has already given me a lot of info I would never find otherwise, so thank you for putting together a great resource, especially for the newest of us!!

Should they be lubed, and if so, WHERE?

Something is not correct. Slide should not make that kind of noise. Are you near Nappanee? Warranty should take care of this.

is it cold where you are at? I had a 5'r that the slides squealed like crazy in 40 and below weather, it was the slide rubber seals (wipes?), the slides in the sun side were quiet, shade side were noisy

Something is not correct. Slide should not make that kind of noise. Are you near Nappanee? Warranty should take care of this.
Nowhere near.....I've left a phone call, should be interesting to see if they ever get back to us. First/lasting impression you know!!

Definitely something wrong with the mechanism - do all three do it? Just the full wall? Have they done it since new or did this just develop? They aren’t silent but a ”squeal, almost shriek“ is a sure sign that there is a mechanical problem, and not a simple maintenance or lubrication issue.

Latest resources

Back