Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

gfmucci

RVF Regular
Looking at Class A showers, there appear to be 2 main types of wall/floor designs: one piece and two piece (wall and floor separate). In the two piece designs I often note gaps of an eigth inch or more between the floor piece and the wall lining. In fact I noticed a 2019 Thor Outlaw that had a half inch gap between the two sections.

To what extent does the two piece present a leakage and water damage problem compared to the one piece design? Or is the difference primarily aesthetic?

I also notice that the higher end brands tend to have one piece designs while mid level and lower tend to have a two piece design.

Last edited:
Our old class c had a gap between the shower floor and the walls.

It was actually done on purpose and the water that went there got to the drain underneath.

Had it just about 6 years and it was 9 when we traded it - no issues with the water doing that.

Here's a couple positives for a one piece design:

"One of the greatest advantages of this design is that it cuts down on mold buildup and makes it easier to clean."

The only differences will be ticky tacky little things that annoy some people. I installed 1 piece, 2 piece, and 3 piece showers in homes I built. I never cared about the little things and they didn't leak, so pick your poison. I think there is even 4 piece shower surrounds. Something for everyone as they say.

Latest resources

Back