Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Steve and Cindy

RVF Regular
Does anybody know if they make a screen for the side door opening of our 88 Roadtrek? Maybe something magnetic or whatever? We want to be screened in when camping with the doors wide open.

Been mulling that one over. I find it amazing that a company that made RV's for decades did not figure out how to add a screen door. The only thing I can figure out is there are no insects in Canada.

I used one of those magnetic screens they use to advertise on Tv.I believe Walmart still Carry's them.might try Amazon....

Been mulling that one over. I find it amazing that a company that made RV's for decades did not figure out how to add a screen door. The only thing I can figure out is there are no insects in Canada.
LOL….if our bugs went to war with your bugs ours would win hands down. Then they’d take over your country. It’s crazy in some places.

They would struggle to take over Maine, but I agree with you point.

I used one of those magnetic screens they use to advertise on Tv.I believe Walmart still Carry's them.might try Amazon....
Found them at Harbor Freight Tools.

Our Roadtrek came with screens for the side door and the back opening that attached with velcro. We used them once in 15 years. The side door screen was a lot of trouble to get through. We ordered custom magnetic screens for the front windows from Skeeter Beater and have been very satisfied with just them. Only precaution - don't drive over about 30mph with them on.

81wjVouSDZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Maybe something along this line of products. On Amazon

Harbor Freight also has them for $10. My only complaint with the magnetic screens, no matter the brand or where I get them, is that sometimes the center ribbon fabric binding, where the magnetic are placed, will fray. I have discovered that running a bead of washable fabric glue (I use Aileen's Fabric Fusion - 4oz bottle for a little over $6 at WM, I also use it for clothing repairs so I always have a bottle) along the edge (next to the screen fabric) and smoothing it into the "ribbon" binding with a damp finger will stop any fraying. It really makes a difference since I have a dog that goes in/out many times daily. She can put some wear on that center binding.

Single door size for $10
www.harborfreight.com/38-in-x-82-in-magnetic-screen-door-58384.html

You can even get a garage door size for only $25 www.harborfreight.com/lawn-garden/gardening-garden-tools/pest-control/insect-control/double-garage-magnetic-screen-door-58509.html

Does anybody know if they make a screen for the side door opening of our 88 Roadtrek? Maybe something magnetic or whatever? We want to be screened in when camping with the doors wide open.
Hello, I made one out of the magnetic screens from Walmart, black Gorilla tape and industrial strength Velcro. I don’t sew but it was easy. Was under 100 bucks and works great. I trimmed it slightly larger than the opening. Layed it on a flat surface and put gorilla tape, 2 inch, on one side, then flipped it over and put gorilla tape on other side. This gives it strength around the perimeter. Then, use industrial strength Velcro and fasten to the inside header, I installed mine about 4 inches up. Then do the perimeter same way. You can modify it easily to fit around the angles and bumps by trimming and retapping both sides and using shorter pieces of Velcro. Then trim the bottom so that the tape and Velcro on the larger section is even with the bottom rail. It can’t hang down or the sliding door won’t operate. Took about 1-1/2 hours to get a perfect fit. file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/01/01/22836C3E-3DA1-4A45-91F2-1F038BB8B466/IMG_2288.jpeg

Latest resources

Back