• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

asg5265

RVF Newbee
Hello All; Maybe someone can help me?
The 5th wheel toyhauler I have is secondhand to me and evidently the prior owner may have had a blowout or two and in that process the "struts" for the side skirts are either terribly mangled or missing all together.
Of the ones remaining, they look rather flimsy and ill conceived. I'd like to put this coach back to proper working order and so does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might look for replacements something more durable and sturdy?? I can complete the work myself and only need the parts to do so.

I would try to contact the manufacturer or go to a Dealer for your brand of RV to their Parts counter. I'm sure they can fix you right up!

BTW.........I was coming home from my Daughter's house in Gulf Shores, AL. when the 5th wheel in front of me had a tire blow out. And I mean it was like a bomb going off!!!! There was a cloud of white fiberglass (?) parts that I drove through. It really did a lot of damage to the side of his RV. I stopped to help. He did all the work and I basically held the flashlight but I thought I should offer. He was so hyped from the adrenalin rush that I couldn't keep up with him. He's going to need the same parts as you I suspect. The wheel well mouldings were toast. There was also some slide damage as well. I really hated it for him. :cry:

I recommend the ICON 1424 Jayco, Great, precise replacement fender for my 16 year old Jayco 5th wheel. Well made and comfortable fit. Go with stainless steel screws on this.

Latest resources

Back