Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Okay, yes "that thread" but different. Rather then the ole check your slide bolts let's make this educational and proactive vs. reactive and how to fix. My 2017 Newmar Ventana motorhome was supposed to have loctite and I assume it does. However @ARD was just at Camp Newmar for an annual "newing up" and she had them check her bolts. She has a 2018 DSDP and apparently they were not loctited! I believe they took care of her but we can learn from it.

I have a slide torque TSB for 2015-2017 Newmar motorhomes that I added to the resources area. I welcome others to add your slide motor maintenance guides as well for others to reference.

I believe blue loctite is the recommended use for the slide bolts.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I1RSNS/?tag=rvf01-20

loctite.png

When we had our slides reviewed and serviced at Newmar in March 2019, the service technician tightened and put loctite on all slide motor fasteners.

I thought Newmar was supposed to be using Loctite at build time. Is that not the case?

The Newmar Technician in March 2019 did not indicate whether or not the bolts had locitite when the RV was manufactured in May of 2018 or not, but did tighten them after applying loctite. This year, 2020, I will again ask Newmar to review and service the slides, linkage and motor fasteners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back