RV Year
RV Make
Jayco
RV Model
Eagle 319 MLOK
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
We just bought a 20232 Jayco Eagle319MLOK.
It has three slide outs and all of them have the mounting brackets (factory installed) for the slide out Awnings.
I have heard some of the pros and cons.
I see the pros and the cons, that is the conundrum. Is it worth the cost or not.
Anyone have some good or bad experiences and what they would recommend. From the looks, it would be an easy install a DIY project.]?

T.I.A.

Camp on!!

I have had slide outs with and without awnings. If you don’t have them you will need a ladder to clean the top of the slide out before sliding in if you’re under trees etc. During rainy or snowy weather you will have to brush off standing water off the top of the slide. With the awnings you won’t get near as much if any at all of debris or water. I’d rather have the awnings.

For a DYI job, it will take 2 people to do it. My wife and I replaced a 26 ft awning material once. It was challenging, but doable. Check out the YouTube videos as we did before starting. Made our job much easier.

I favor them, if I didn't have them I'd add them.

Not only keeps most water off of the slide roof but also they shade the slide roof from the hot sun.

Thanks for the info. Leaning to get them.

Thanks for the info. Leaning to get them.
Plus, it saves your seals from uv damage, we had a large slide seal deteriorate after 3 years, major wall water damage

We have a Newmar DutchStar that came with awnings on 2 of the 3 slideouts. They do tend to billow in the wind but have done a great job of keeping most everything off the top of the slides. I think overall they are a plus.
We replaced the fabric this summer (we had everything else) bought it from Amazon. Watched several YouTube video's. Pretty good amount of work.

Amazon Awning Fabric

Latest resources

Back