• Commercial/Vendors welcome

How To slide out

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I guess it would depend on what type of slideout system you have. I have an in wall system with a controller mounted in one of my storage compartments.

Welcome to RVF, @Big Motor; glad you found your way here.

I'm not sure I understand your question regarding a "kill switch." Are you asking if there is a switch to stop the slide in mid-activation, or one that will prevent any activation? Most slides are driven by electric motors (though there are some hydraulic units on larger RVs) that are activated by a switch. Releasing the switch should stop the slide movement.

Many RVs also have switches that deactivate all power to the coach itself. They are frequently called "salesman switches." When that switch is off, none of the electrical things in the coach will operate.

Let us know a bit more specifically what your need or concern is.

TJ

the storage doors under the slide out had little buttons that look like they had wires to them before the fire in the water compartment now the wire just stops at that compartment.

I am not familiar with that type of system. Is this in a 5th wheel or motorhome? Knowing the type, year, make and model of your RV would help folks here provide you with more specific information. Sorry to hear that you had a fire.

TJ

Latest resources

Back