Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
I’m going to toss this out to whoever might need it. For the last couple of weeks, I’ve been dealing with an intermittent problem with my generator slide. London Aire Facebook group suggested several things, none of which worked.

There was power to/from the switch in the storage cabinet under the driver’s side, but the the hydraulic pump would not engage to move the tray out. The same pump operates the FWS as well as the jacks, so neither of these worked either. Changed the solenoids, nothing.

After a bunch of other troubleshooting, the problem turned out to be a loose ground wire that comes from the pump area, and grounds to an area just behind the hydraulic pump one the passenger side.

I haven’t seen this before, so if you are experiencing the same issues, this would be one of those places to look for a solution. I'll see about posting a picture later but no spare time right now.

I’ve had the same problem on other things. After testing equipment and scratching my head I finally checked the ground. So as with all this stuff, check the simple stuff first. I’ve also found the FB groups pretty useless - occasionally I’ll answer a question but I wont post any there.

I had a similar problem last September...on the road, of course. After some intermittent confusion, the 40-amp fuse by the solenoid blew. The wire going to the HWH motor was jiggely (technical term), and the ultimate diagnosis was the motor was bad. If you need further diagnosis assistance, I recommend Chuck Stuart at Stuart Service Co in Elkhart. Super nice guy who will lead you through the diagnosis process. HWH parts and replacement parts
(800) 826-6267

Yup, you need a good ground to the HWH pump assembly. I had a common ground lug that a lot of grounds were connected to and it was just below the pump assembly - it was sheared off (my pump assy is installed just in front of the rear bumper, so who knows how that happened). Once I found that and fixed it my pump and jacks started working fine. I actually made and connected a heavy wire to the back of the pump motor and then connected that to the new ground lug.
IMG_3226.JPG

My Father in law owned a alternator and starter shop when the wife and got married in the late eighties. He always said when you start having electrical problems check all the grounds first. Battery terminals, engine to frame, engine to body, starter, check them all. In the early 2000s we were dealing with more and more electronics in class eight trucks(semis). You would start getting some wonky(another technical term) things happening. One particular time the jakes would try to come on going down the road while accelerating. It was a bad ground.

Friends had problems with several things not working at same time. Nothing in common with each problem. I suggested checking ground. That solved problem. With several problems...I always start at ground connection, littlest corrosion or not tight can create the most headaches;)

Agreed RG. It is quite wise to start at the ground for one problem as well. It is quick and easy and at least half of the time it is the problem. For some reason we tend to go to the positive side first,.?

Latest resources

Back