• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Slideouts

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Welcome to RVForums @ken-murphy. Nothing to be afraid of but something you need to be cognizant of and take proper precautions to handle them properly per your manufacturer.

Literally hundreds of thousands of units out there with slides of all types. What you read on these forums are stories of those few with problems. Yes, a stuck slide can be a serious problem but they are few and far between. Wonderful invention!

Let me add that if you read forums and groups on the web, it will scare you from ever owning a RV. Take it with a grain of salt, be educated and informed and you'll be fine. People here in communities such as this will gladly help with any questions or problems.

I've had my 2006 Holiday Rambler 40' coach for 3 years now. Even being 17 years old I've never had a minutes trouble with any of the three on the coach. I wouldn't worry about it.

They aren't entirely trouble free but they are well worth the effort given the extra room they provide. There are many different types and configurations and some are better than others. Also some or the stuff you’ve probably read may be about old problems that have been addressed and solved by the manufacturers.

So it just comes down to research. I wouldn’t avoid an RV because it has slides, quite the opposite. But I would also find out what type of slide mechanism it has and do some research to find out if it had issues, if they were resolved, etc. Also slides add weight to an RV and require some maintenance so those are things to consider.

I have four slides on mine and I really enjoy the room they provide. But I have done some work on them, I’ve paid to have some work done on them, and Ive replaced a control module for one of them. But even with all that I’d rather have my slides, maintain them as necessary, and deal with issues as they arise, than live without them.

We have slides on our 2019 MH and so far so good. We do pay for slide service and adjustment every year. One thing we always do is be sure our jacks are down and 100% level before opening them up.
Holler if we can help with anything.
Ken

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back