RV Length
Chassis
Ford F53
Engine
V10 gas
TOW/TOAD
Fulltimer
No
I have a f53 chassis on my MH. 2004-2005 V10. Runs fine while under 70 mph. Usually keep around 65 But some how I went over75 with out realizing until I felt a slight misfire and brought it down to 65 and the misfire went away. And no check engine light ever came on. Any one else have this happen. Rpm was about 3200

Ever replace the plugs, wires or coils?

Plugs yes, I have 30k miles and runs perfect till 75mph. Been reading on line it might have a governor on the MH.

Not judging...but seldom do I find a need to exceed 70mph...and although I'm sure I've tipped it passing a truck, 75mph is too fast in a 10-15 ton vehicle IMHO. That said, change out spark plug wires to solid core wrapped in stainless mesh and silicone boots and you should be able to take her up to 80mph 😉

any chance you hit the rev limiter?

My 14 Allegro 36LA does the same. I think the engine is governed at 75.

I believe the F-53 Chassis has "road speed governor"!
And when going down hill, it is mighty easy to increase speed to "75" , and hardly be aware of it.
Old cliche; "He who lives in glass house, should not cast first stone"! He mentioned, he had a lapse!
C'mon folks, we are better than this!! This ain't "Facebook"!

I believe the F-53 Chassis has "road speed governor"!
And when going down hill, it is mighty easy to increase speed to "75" , and hardly be aware of it.
Old cliche; "He who lives in glass house, should not cast first stone"! He mentioned, he had a lapse!
C'mon folks, we are better than this!! This ain't "Facebook"!
yes I seem to recall that now - governor not rev limiter. It was easy to roll past 75 down hills but not accelerate beyond that. I think my Bay Star would actually hit the governor about 77. I rarely did this - as a habit it would be dumb, but on occasion (passing a long line of vehicles while being tailgated by semis behind me that wanted to go 80+ for instance) it happened. I try to stay out of those situations these days. My normal cruise is 60-61 mph (lowest speed it will consistently stay in 6th) but still when passing I occasionally exceed 70.

Latest resources

Back