Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

CindyN

RVF Newbee
The bathroom sink seems to drain rather slow, slower than it did anyway. What if it is a hair clog? Any recommendations? I have no idea what the previous owners allowed down the drain. Also, once in a while I get a whiff of sewer-ish smell from the bath sink. I pour enzyme digester down it, and it seems to help. Any suggestions on that as well? Thanks everyone!

You might try to snake it. I’d not use draino if you were considering it.

You might try to snake it. I’d not use draino if you were considering it.
Maybe you could use some snake oil. Not a slam, warm oil could clean the soap in the trap. Or you could remove the trap and clean it. From there the water should be going straight down to the holding tank.

Water in the p-trap is needed to keep the gas in the tank, or out of the living space. Then there is the corner cutting company that vents the sink under the sink :eek:

Does the smell seem to come from the sink or does it seem to be more under the sink in the cabinet? Another thing to try is to remove the trap under the sink and see what may be plugging the trap. Also, IF you decide to snake the drain it is easier when you pull the trap (IMHO).

Latest resources

Back