RV Length
40’
Chassis
M2-112
Engine
Cummins L9 - 450Hp 1250 Tq
TOW/TOAD
Mojave - JT
Hello all you all - looking to locate where I can purchase a 10# / 20 pound gas strut to help my RV entrance door open ( slowly without slamming open ) and busting the ball fittings off. I currently have a full supply of standard 20 inch struts 10 /40 pounds none of them help the door opening slowly they do help with WIND however wind is not my issue. I have looked though the Internet can’t seem to find any struts with slow opening capability. I don’t want mechanical …… any help would be much appreciated. (y):)

A few months ago, I searched for the perfect lift support for my overhead cabinet. After comparing products and reading reviews, I bought 4 Apexstone 100N/22lbs 10" gas struts. They have damping, which was crucial for me to avoid noisy slamming shut. Now, after six months, I'm happy to say they work exceptionally well. A single Apex 100N gas strut lifts and holds the door smoothly until I manually lower and release it (none of the doors weighed more than 15 lbs.). If you need similar items for your entrance door, I highly recommend contacting them. I hope this information is helpful.

Attachments

• Apexstone 22.5lbs gas strut.jpg
    Apexstone 22.5lbs gas strut.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Apexstone 22.5lbs 10inch gas strut.jpg
    Apexstone 22.5lbs 10inch gas strut.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 2

Latest resources

Back