Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Franni614

Currently Deciding ;-)
Sort of put our purchasing plans on hold for the moment. With the little knowledge we have on where to go, whats safe, who’s safe...we’re reluctant to leave our home except for the essentials. Its worrisome to throw ourselves into a lifestyle we know so very little about. I saw this video on FB that really disturbed me of a motor coach, not quite sure where it was, being vandalized and looted in the middle of a parking lot in broad daylight. This anti police society has me frightened to travel and its putting our lives on hold. Even all the places we picked to start this journey are now hot spots and majorly impacted by the pandemic. These are scary times and I dont see my apprehension fading anytime soon. I hope you are all staying safe, I read all your posts and stories for inspiration and hope to join you all sometime soon. I think we’re on a strict holding pattern for the very least, rest of 2020. Safe Travels people!

That’s too bad, but understandable. 2020 is pretty much shot, and 2021 will get off to a rough start too. My hope is that by this time next year, some semblance of normal will have made its presence known.

What you see on TV/Internet can be powerful but it also can be out of perspective. I mentioned in another post a journalist reporting on flooding when he was caught standing knee deep in a sink hole filled with water. Zoomed in was one thing, zoomed out was another. I believe RVing is very safe and the safest way to travel and get out these days. Campgrounds are isolated and if you go the grocery store at home it's no different from a campground. I'd offer that this risk is well worth it, you'll plan your trips as you wish but if you want to camp in downtown Chicago that's one thing or if you want to go see the great national parks, state parks, you'll be living a dream. I understand your hesitation, I hope I can nudge you that you are a victim to what the media and one side of the political scene wants you to feel. It's up to you to live your life now while you can and RVing is a gift so few discover.

@Franni614 I agree with Neal. The televised unrest can be hyped up. I will say this that RVing seems to have had a rebirth. Many people are turning to RVing as a safe way to get out and have a vacation. RV spots are usually off the beaten path, you carry your own food (no restaurants) and you own facilities (bathroom). People are friendly around you when camping it seems. I guess because everyone is out to relax.
But do what your comfortable with. I just wanted to give you a different perspective.

It is reassuring to hear you all are out there living your best life and enjoying your travels, especially faced with the challenges that seem to be in almost every city on the map. I am encouraged at the very least, to learn on how and where you all feel the safest. Thank you for the feedback. Much appreciated~AF

It is reassuring to hear you all are out there living your best life and enjoying your travels, especially faced with the challenges that seem to be in almost every city on the map. I am encouraged at the very least, to learn on how and where you all feel the safest. Thank you for the feedback. Much appreciated~AF
Hey Frannie614, jump on in, the waters fine. lol, you'll have a blast. The last 6 weeks I motored through protests (riots) in Pensacola and Atlanta, no issues. I just pick my times and head on out.

I agree with the others, the news is built around hyping up things to draw in viewers.

There are so many places in this country to see that are not located around the cities in turmoil. We full time and have the ability to chose where we go, last 10 weeks have been in Montana and Wyoming away from crowds and discontent. We are currently visiting friends in Monument, CO but keeping a little lower profile than we would if things were more “Normal”.

I boondock, can't loose power, sewers (not a problem), Radon gas(never happens), riots(not enough people), Theft (RV dwellers really got your back).
Do you know what a BOB is? Bug Out Bag.
Do you know what a BOT is? Bug Out Trailer.

If the people preparing for the worst, know these terms, It should help you get out and get going.

We've been on the road since May 11th. Been in Arizona, New Mexico, Idaho, Wyoming, Oregon just outside Portland and in Washington just north of Seattle. We haven't had or seen any issues with the civil unrest and we follow the local rules dealing with the pandemic. Tomorrow we head back into Montana. As for us we haven't gone looking for or been near any civil unrest. All the campgrounds, State park and National parks have been mostly open and not overly crowded. We were hesitant at the start but once out on the road its been great.

Latest resources

Back