Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
Got the RecTec pellet grill/smoker going this afternoon and cooked some thick-cut, boneless pork chops for dinner. And, they turned out great. Accompanied by LadyDi’s rendition of my Dad’s favorite “Bear Hunter Potatoes,” half an avocado and some cherry tomatoes, and washed down with a Montana-brewed “Moose Drool Brown Ale,” it was a great meal.

The pork chops were lightly seasoned (onion salt, garlic powder and Italian seasoning) and smoked for an hour at 180 degrees. At that point, they were 105 degrees internal temperature. The grill was cranked up to 450 degrees and the chops were flipped when the internal temperature reached 125 degrees. I pulled them from the grill when the internal temperature hit 145 degrees and let them rest, wrapped in foil, for 15 minutes.

They were really moist and juicy inside with a very nice light smokey flavor..

12B3DB79-3D05-4F5D-BF61-7942EAEE6061.jpeg

F9E911DC-6153-47A8-B4B8-DDB7C4BA485B.jpeg

TJ

I am wondering if this is a future Iron Chef episode from polson as we watch chef @Neal duel against chef @TJ&LadyDi in the battle of the smokers. it will be riveting to watch.
episode 8 britains best home cook GIF by BBC

I'm out, @NWIP is the GMG pro.

There are OTHER grills beside GMG! :rolleyes: Just sayin’.

TJ
My point is the "duel" comment above that I am not the best to represent GMG in the competition cook off against YOU. :)

My point is the "duel" comment above that I am not the best to represent GMG in the competition cook off against YOU. :)
Aw heck, anyone can beat me! I’m just a neophyte.

TJ

I am not sure I am believing that statement as I have heard that your smoked pop tarts are a whole another level of decadence and therefore could compete in the dessert competition. Just saying…

I am not sure I am believing that statement as I have heard that your smoked pop tarts are a whole another level of decadence and therefore could compete in the dessert competition. Just saying…
that was confidential information ya know! My recipe is not yet public. ?‍?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...don’t tell Neal; I’m working on it! :ROFLMAO:

TJ

Latest resources

Back