Alpinelite
RV Length
26'
TOW/TOAD
2016 Ram 1500
Fulltimer
Yes
I can't help myself!
So I ask you, do you plan on viewing the eclipse? Seems like only a few years ago that my stomping grounds in Wyoming was inundated by sun gazing tourists, and would have been me had reservations not been impossible due to my tardiness.

So this one is even more significance! And with that greater importance comes many states emergency preparedness. WHY! After all it only lasts minutes, why the extreme???

So my enquiring mind pulled out all my resources to see what may make this eclipse so important. This is a condensation of what I learned!!!
Chatter makes room for the theory that the biggest ever terrorist event is a big possibility! This guy, (bio link below) ascribes to that theory! About – Weekly Geo-Political News and Analysis his history is worth a listen.

Y2K4?

We are having a neighborhood party and have a good viewing spot in our backyard. Total eclipse time of 4 minutes 5 seconds.

I think it is really a way for businesses to totally price gouge customers (and people renting out their homes like airBnb). I read where one national hotel chain normally charges $124/ night and on the night prior to this eclipse it's like $1400+. Isn't there a law against that?

Kerrville, TX is said to be the best place in the country for the eclipse viewing. Historically cloud cover is thinner and the time of total eclipse is longer than other locations. The high school is charging $100/car to park on the school parking lots. There is a livestock pasture charging $125/car. The RV parks along the Texas eclipse path are charging $100-$400/ night with a 3-4 night minimum. Many parks have live entertainment, etc.

The projected economic impact for Texas is $1.4 billion.

Full timer. My travel is usually scheduled 4 - 6 months in advance. Wasn’t even thinking about an eclipse when I made this reservation but I have 21 days in Medina Texas. Already parked in a good sight, truck is full of fuel and have meals until the 11th. Monday we’re watching the eclipse then watching the exodus and traffic jams.

Just the traffic alone should be more fun to watch than a newbie parking and setting up with a 5th wheel on a dirt site.

Kerrville, TX is expecting 500,000 visitors. Kerrville has a population of around 25,000. They ain't got the infrastructure for 500,000 additional people. Interstate 10 is going to be a complete nightmare.

Travel for hours, sit for hours in traffics coming in, and again going out, pay 5 x the going rate for accommodations, for a 5 minute event. Human logic is indeed baffling! 😎🤔

Kerrville, TX is expecting 500,000 visitors. Kerrville has a population of around 25,000. They ain't got the infrastructure for 500,000 additional people. Interstate 10 is going to be a complete nightmare.
I love Kerrville! I cannot imagine an additional 500,000 people. Wowzers.

Latest resources

Back