RV Length
40’
Chassis
M2-112
Engine
Cummins L9 - 450Hp 1250 Tq
TOW/TOAD
Mojave - JT
Damn just deleted the entire question accidentally, so I’m re-posting. Is it true the need for turning off the (main battery switch) which is usually found under the driver seat or battery compartment. Is intended for servicing and or replacing battery’s. So…. If switch is turned OFF and assuming your not plugged into shore power your factory installed rooftop solar system, would not charge house or engine battery’s. It’s my understanding the RED switch is to remain on.
looking for an Education if I’m wrong, thank you RV Forum Dudes

Don't know color! However charge controllers that determine system voltage need the panel switch turned off before the battery is disconnected.

You don't want the controller choosing a voltage higher than the true system voltage! ie. 24 volts when the system voltage is 12 volts.

The one under the driver seat would be for the chassis batteries. If that is off then they are isolated from the house side and would not charge from shore power.

The house side is through a different disconnect.

Solar should still charge the house batteries as long as the disconnect for them is still on and should charge the chassis batteries as well depending on how the solar is wired.

Don't know color! However charge controllers that determine system voltage need the panel switch turned off before the battery is disconnected.

You don't want the controller choosing a voltage higher than the true system voltage! ie. 24 volts when the system voltage is 12 volts.
Thanks Kevin I figured that you would have an easy to understand answer.😎

The one under the driver seat would be for the chassis batteries. If that is off then they are isolated from the house side and would not charge from shore power.

The house side is through a different disconnect.

Solar should still charge the house batteries as long as the disconnect for them is still on and should charge the chassis batteries as well depending on how the solar is wired.
Wow thanks all makes sense…..😎

Latest resources

Back